Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condition of N59

Options
  • 22-12-2010 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what it's like from Clifden to Galway? Have to travel Christmas Eve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Its fairly bad tbh. just take your time and go in daylight, clifden to leenane road is much worse. the road is salted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

clifden to leenane road is much worse.

Yeah, I'd say that's cat alright, bad in icy weather never mind this stuff.

Am just keeping an eye on it for my journey Friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Some salt was sent to Connemara yesterday to start to clear the roads out there. Apparently they are dire west of a line from Oughterard to Rossaveal. Ring local shops who would know what is passable and not.

No further snow is expected before the slow thaw starts on christmas day ( late in the day it looks like)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

my brother and his kids came up to city today from glassilllaun via recess ,he done good time coming up, my niece txted me at 8.30 to say they just left city , she txted again at 10.30 to say they were home and she said the roads are nice and white. you will be able to go on the said road like alll roads with caution. on the salting thing, the recess as you go right towards klyemore is not salted.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

I did this yesterday. Between turnoff for Roundstone and Clifden was poor but rest was ok. I averaged about 70k the whole way out. Driving an Avensus. Scenery was beautiful too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Yeah, N59 was fine for me too, no problems. A bit slushy through Recess but only in the middle of the lanes and sides of the road. After Oughterard (I think) there was nothing on the road at all.

Advertisement