Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an item bought on Easons.ie

Options
  • 22-12-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Bit of a long story, but basically I ordered an item from easons.ie last week. It was showing out of stock, but I was hopeful to get it for Christmas. I then saw the item in a shop, bought it and emailed Easons to cancel my order (Friday). It says on their website that you can cancel an order as long as it hasn't been dispatched. I didn't hear anything from them, so emailed them again on Monday. I still didn't hear anything back and didn't get an email to tell me when my item was dispatched.

I am after receiving the item this morning, so I now have two. There website doesn't say much about returns, only that defective items can be returned. I am a bit cross because I did contact them to cancel my order twice and heard nothing back. Does anyone know if I can return this item for refund in one of their stores?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

If the store stock it you can return it in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

How's about bringing the one you bought in the store back to that store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Well you have the right to return the online purchase. By law, you have seven working days from the date of receipt of the book in which you can cancel the contract by returning the book. This is referred to as a cooling off period.

As for the in store purchase, if there is nothing wrong with it, its up to the shop to decide if they will give you a refund but they don't have to. On the back of the receipt does it say you can change your mind within 14 days or something?

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the replies, it says nothing on the receipt about returns and only mentions returning faulty products on the site. I know I could probably return it to easons.ie by post, but it's quite heavy and don't fancy being stung by the postage!

Think i'm gonna see if I can palm it off on another person :D

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

There is a sectionn under help for returns, but states if the item is derective then you can return it.

And it also states that you can cancel before it is dispatched and seeing as you did this, you might wanna give them a call. The number is 8583881. You will obviously have the sent emails and they should have the dispatched date on your order so maybe that will help.

http://www.eason.ie/help#returns

• Advertisement
Advertisement