Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat Bohermore

Options
  • 22-12-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Our cat has been missing since yesterday morning which is very unusual for him. Considering how cold it is we are really worried about him. If you know anything please pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP copied to Lost and Found thread in Animals.
    Hope it comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

That is the smuggest cat I've ever seen. Hopefully his sense of self worth can keep him warm. More serious note, I've been around the area a bit in the last few days and haven't see her/him. Will keep an eye out. Have you put up a poster? Maybe he went into town to get some of the scraps left behind by the market. Good luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

OP try the following;

- post on lostandfoundpets.ie
    - ad on GBFM
    - if you have access to facebook post a picture on the accounts of Galway Cat Rescue, GSPCA, MADRA and EGAR

Good luck hope you get your cat back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RonnieQuibbles

Yeah we put up a few posters just there, he is that smug! He's very lazy so it's unlikely that he wandered far. Footprint evidence in the snow was inconclusive....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Are there any kids in the area? Worth mentioning it to them as they are generally far more observant about stuff like this than adults and will keep a conscious eye out for them. Really hope you find your cat:(

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice. We went door to door there but very few people are home, will try again tonight. People generally don't see a missing cat as much of an issue....

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

What a gorgeous tortoiseshell.

After doing all the obvious things like contacting local vets and animal shelters why not drop flyers in through the neighbours doors? Perhaps someone thought it was homeless and took it in from the cold. Cats can be sluts like that. Hope he shows up safely, keep us posted. I know if my furry friend disappeared I would be frantic with worry. Yes, some people don't think a missing cat is an issue but they are the heartless amongst us who will get reincarnated as daddylonglegs.

We delivered fliers earlier to most houses in the vicinity, now I'm worried he could be locked in a house or shed. It's horrible not knowing what happened. He must be cold too though he is considerably fat and fluffy......poor kitty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Aw! I feel for you. You could wander though all the back gardens calling his name in case that's the case. I remember a friends cat got stuck in a shed for almost two weeks, it was hungry and skinny but ok. If it was me I'd risk pissing off a few neighbours for the chance of finding him.

Tomorrow I'm going to go door to door and ask everyone to check their sheds. We live in front of an estate though so it's a pretty large area to cover. We walked about just now calling his name and listening but the noise from traffic etc made it difficult to hear anything.

• Advertisement

Does he eat dry food?
    Try bringin his bowl of food and shake it. Cat's associate the shake with food.

We feed him mince, seriously he eats better than we do. Found out that he eats regular meals at a house down the road and sleeps in the house of another. He must have many friends in the area so hopefully he is being well looked after. Obviously it is possible that he got run over, we live on a main street which he never goes near but there is a car park behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

It could be he climbed up under a car for heat as you said a car park is behind you and has been taken somewhere else . it has happened before
    hope you find him

I live on Sandy Road and got this in the door a couple of days ago.

"Cat Found"

Friendly short haired silver/grey tabby cat found in Gleann Na Tra 18/12/10.

Misses his family!!!

Call 085-19xxxx as we cannot him long term.

The dates don't match up though but it's worth a shot...

No he has quite long hair. Spoke to someone who saw him in the car-park near our house on Tuesday but from there who knows, he could have been hit, stolen or chased. He's micro-chipped so if he is brought to any vet we'll be contacted. Running out of ideas now so we will just have to wait and see...

Our cat came back! He has lost a lot of weight but seems okay. He must have been trapped in a house over Christmas. We are so happy as we had pretty much given up on finding him. He is currently racing around outside in a very excited manner. Good luck to others who have lost their cats, they're very resourceful creatures when they need to be.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Delighted to hear that OP!!! A belated Christmas present:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Our cat came back! He has lost a lot of weight but seems okay. He must have been trapped in a house over Christmas. We are so happy as we had pretty much given up on finding him. He is currently racing around outside in a very excited manner. Good luck to others who have lost their cats, they're very resourceful creatures when they need to be.:D:D

Congrats. Glad to hear it...main words there when they need to be the lazy sh!ts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Great news! Two lost and found kitties in Galway on boards! Fingers crossed for FouxDaFaFa to find her little one.

Good stuff!
    Remember to also update the Lost/found thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement