Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a sparks for this ?

• 22-12-2010 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Double switch on landing. Bathroom/landing light. One of the switches broke off & I got a replacement. Cut the power, replaced the switch the exact same way wire for wire (which are all grey BTW). Now my bathroom light won't work & my landing light will only work from downstairs.

Need to get this sorted ASAP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Hi I am a sparks,
    You seem to have mixed up one of the strapers ( these cables allow you to switch your landing light from upstairs and downstairs) with the bathroom switch wire.
    This can be sorted easily enough, with the use of a phase tester, you need to keep the power on though and work on the switch live. This will be fine if you have the phase tester which is insulated. As long as you don't touch the copper you will be fine.

If you want to PM me your number, i will ring you and talk you through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I dont want to come across as careless though, telling you to do this live, but you seem to have some knowledge of what you are doing, or need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    I dont want to come across as careless though, telling you to do this live, but you seem to have some knowledge of what you are doing, or need to do.

oh I'm not so sure :D
    switch the exact same way wire for wire (which are all grey BTW).

iMax are you there....hello..

Advertisement