Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC 2011 Timetable out now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Lovely, it's the same as last year. :D I've only one full day of exams (Monday 13th, maths in the morn and Irish in the afternoon).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 aingel

I've only one full day but I'm in for 7 days straight and finished on the thrursday. not totally sure whether thats a good or a bad thing :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It's the same as the one I had, in 2010. For anyone doing Physics and Accounting - it's a horribly long day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

In until the last day :P. Oh well, nice long breaks in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Biology and Art History...realy not looking forward to that. My hand will be wrecked after that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Am I reading this right??
    We get an extra 20 minutes for the Subjects Marked in red??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Day 1: English Paper 1 - Not too bad I suppose
    Day 2: Engineering and English Paper 2 - I'd have much preferred Paper 2 to be in the morning. I don't want to have poetry quotes flowing through my mind in the middle of an Engineering exam.
    Day 3:Maths Paper 1 - Good timing being straight before the week end.
    Weekend Off
    Day 4:Maths Paper 2 and Irish Paper 1 - Nasty combination of my two worst subjects. Dreading the weekend before this monday.
    Day 5:Irish Paper 2 and Business - A combination that came straight out of hell.
    Day 6:French - Nothing bad to say here
    Day 7:Biology - Nothing bad to say here
    Day 8, Weekend and Day 9:My first days off
    Day 10:Chemistry - Have 4 days to study chemistry so shouldn't be too bad.

It's going to be a hellish two weeks alright.

Edit:
    The examination sessions highlighted in red include 20
    minutes over and above the time traditionally allocated for the
    papers concerned.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

doctorg wrote: »
    Am I reading this write??

Wow didnt notice that first time round

Best. News. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ian_K wrote: »
    Wow didnt notice that first time round

Best. News. Ever.
    There has to be a reason for it though. They wouldn't just add 20 minutes for the sake of it. If they change the exam layout or add an extra question it'll be a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

doctorg wrote: »
    Am I reading this write??

No we don't get an extra 20 mins for the subjects marked in red. It said that last year & it wasn't the case.

• Advertisement

Hopefully its just because of people not being able to finish the papers in previous years! finger crossed

If they were to add extra questions or whatever i presume we would be notified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

no I doubt there would be extra questions without us notified.,not to bad kind of what I expected,.roll on june 16th is all I can say, scarily reading this timetable has made me kinda more motivated..seen as I ain't very much these days:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

No, they are highlighted in red as they are over 20 minutes longer than the traditional exam time allowable (ie. the amount of time usually allowed for the other exams). The traditional time allowable is 2 hours 30 minutes for higher level exams, and 2 hours for ordinary level exams. English, for example, is highlighted in red as it 2 hours 50 minutes long, 20 minutes longer than the standard exam time.

There is no change to the lenght of time allowable for the exams this year.

jumpguy wrote: »
    No, they are highlighted in red as they are over 20 minutes longer than the traditional exam time allowable (ie. the amount of time usually allowed for the other exams). The traditional time allowable is 2 hours 30 minutes for higher level exams, and 2 hours for ordinary level exams. English, for example, is highlighted in red as it 2 hours 50 minutes long, 20 minutes longer than the standard exam time.

There is no change to the lenght of time allowable for the exams this year.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

:confused:
    20 minutes extra, take it from me, you'll need it for English.

20 minutes extra, take it from me, you'll need it for English.

In fairness they havnt made it very clear whats going on,like if theres no change at all then why have them highlighted in red?

I understand what jumpguy was saying now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

In fairness they havnt made it very clear whats going on,like if theres no change at all then why have them highlighted in red?

I understand what jumpguy was saying now

They said that on the timetable last year and it wasn't the case. There is no extra time for the subjects highlighted in red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

They've put the two English papers on separate days! Thats lovely, I hope they do that next year for me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

NotExactly wrote: »
    They said that on the timetable last year and it wasn't the case. There is no extra time for the subjects highlighted in red.

The time in red is the total time including the extra time. An exam with 2 hours 50 minutes originally had 2 hours 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Wow, this is a kick up the bum... It's slowly sinking in that my LC starts in just over 5 months.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shezzy

Anybody know what happens when you have two exams at the same time? I have both Religion and App Maths at the same time on the 24th:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

Shezzy wrote: »
    Anybody know what happens when you have two exams at the same time? I have both Religion and App Maths at the same time on the 24th:confused:

As far as I know, you'll have to sit one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. See subject clashes here: http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=sb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Yeap on that marked in red business. As far as I know, the first time the curriculum was tested you were say given 2hrs and 30 mins. They then added 20 mins on a few years later. So you do actually have an extra 20 mins than was originally intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Shezzy wrote: »

One guy in my school had this happen to him too. You do one exam, then he was taken into the staff room for 10 or 15 minutes to get some food (supervised of course) then did the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shezzy

One guy in my school had this happen to him too. You do one exam, then he was taken into the staff room for 10 or 15 minutes to get some food (supervised of course) then did the other.
    AD61 wrote: »
    As far as I know, you'll have to sit one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. See subject clashes here: http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=sb

Thank you, at least I have some idea now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Only two days where I've more than one exam on, not bad.

Though I've a feeling motivating myself for 3 days after everyone else is done for my applied maths exam will be fairly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Could someone write out the dates and times for my exams please?
    Something's wrong with my computer and I can't open up the timetable for some reason.

English
    Maths
    History
    Geography
    Biology
    Art History

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

2 days with two exams for me (10th and 13th), and a 4 day break between my last and second last exams. Finished on 21st. Cannot wait!
    Could be worse, I'd obviously prefer not to have any timetable but this'll have to do. :pac:

EDIT: @karaokeman
    English: Paper 1-8th 9.30-12.20
    Paper 2-9th 2-5.20
    Maths: Paper 1-10th 2-4.30
    Paper 2-13th 9.30-12
    History: 15th 2-4.50
    Geography: 10th 9.30-12.20
    Biology: 16th 9.30-12.30
    Art History: 16th 2-4.30

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

karaokeman wrote: »
    Could someone write out the dates and times for my exams please?
    Something's wrong with my computer and I can't open up the timetable for some reason.

English
    Maths
    History
    Geography
    Biology
    Art History
    Eng Paper 1- June 8th 0930-1220
    Eng Paper 2 -June 9th 1400-1720
    Maths Paper1 June 10th 1400-1630
    Maths Paper2 June 13th 0930-1200
    History June 15th 1400-1630
    Geography June 10th 0930-1220
    Biology June 16th 0930-1230
    Art History June 16th 1400-1630

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

3 full days. There all horrible days as well, exams which require huge amounts of concentration (Maths) or take a **** load of writing (Geo, History). Have a 6 day break between History though and Chemistry on the 21st. Final exam is on the 23rd. Can't wait for it to be over, next 5 months will go by quick as fúck.

When they do they usually announce what day they're giving out results on?

Advertisement