Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 2

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

This game is awesome. I'm at chapter 3 now.

Some great set pieces already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Completed this yesterday, loved it!

But just one thing, after finishing the first one and watching Downfall I am not sure I understand the story of the second game. I mean why are all these creeps wanting to summon & protect the monsters with the marker? Something to do with their religious views?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Gandalph wrote: »

But just one thing, after finishing the first one and watching Downfall I am not sure I understand the story of the second game. I mean why are all these creeps wanting to summon & protect the monsters with the marker? Something to do with their religious views?

Been a while since I played it, but yeah the marker is seen as a religous relic by the Unitologists. I got the impression that Unitology has gotten so big it started a power struggle with the government, hence all the riots and stuff?
    There's probably a Dead Space wiki that can give you more details.

Great game series though. I love the look and atmosphere of them, as well as the epic set-pieces. It's top notch stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Gandalph wrote: »

Its all about fanatical religion, which is a reasonable excuse considering the real life acts both present and past committed in the name of religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

there are 2 Dead Space Anime Films as well. Never bothered to watch em but I did watch some graphic novel version online once. It was decent enough. I'd imagine they dig into the background of the religious aspects alot more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

djkeogh wrote: »
    there are 2 Dead Space Anime Films as well. Never bothered to watch em but I did watch some graphic novel version online once. It was decent enough. I'd imagine they dig into the background of the religious aspects alot more

They're not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

They're not very good.

Downfall was ok'ish, Aftermath was too boring I didnt even make it to any of the aliens before I turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They're not very good.

I agree. I thought they were awful. To be honest part of it might be that I can't and don't remotely find hand-drawn animation to be scary. I did watch both, and the CGI in the newer one is hilariously bad. Writing won't win any awards either....It's a shame because I love the terrifying atmosphere of the games. Maybe using the graphics engine could've been used to make a film instead. Would've been better and cheaper than the hand-drawn stuff anyhew.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Finished this on Thursday.

Enjoyed it more than the first one even if there was maybe a little too much shooting.

However, I completed the DLC today (Severed) and have to say I thought that was very good (whilst it lasted). The story kept me enthralled.

So, is extraction worth playing to learn a bit more about this Gabe fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The 2 charaters from Severed are 2 of 4 characters in Extraction. If you like on rails shooters, you should enjoy it. There is some freedom of movement as you can look around while moving and standing still. I picked it up cheap on the Wii and played it before playing DS2. I liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just started Dead Space 2 tonight. I've gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed that there's under 4hours worth of play on the first disc. I'm hoping the second one is a bit more lenghty.

Advertisement