Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Azza wrote: »
    I think with Dead Space it was a design decision to hobble the movement of the mouse on the PC version.

Had the mouse aiming worked like it normally does on PC games, the game would of been too easy on the PC, as you would of been able to aim at limbs far quicker and more precisely than that you can on a pad or on the current PC aiming system.

If that was the case they would have to change the A.I to attack quicker and they probably where not going to go to the expense of changing that on the PC port. The games are balanced for a control pad not a mouse, keyboard.

I think the same is true of Resident Evil 4 and 5.
    In the RE games the enemies do not attack constantly, they circle around you and leave considerable pauses between attacks. I This is in fine on consoles as it gives you time to aim. On a mouse it would simply make it too easy. Hence gimped mouse controls in RE 5, although in RE 4 it could of been a cheapy port job by a 3rd party that led to having mouse controls completely omitted.

I don't remember the aiming being that bad (it's been a while since I played it though) it was the walking I found terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If your getting it on PS3 get the limited edition it includes Dead Space Extraction for the Move free with it, the standard version only gets a demo i think.

Play.com will upgrade your standard edition to the limited one for free but its still 55euro :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone know where I can get the collector's edition of this? Preferably on PC but I dont think the collector's edition is available on the PC. If not on the PC, then on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Anyone know where I can get the collector's edition of this? Preferably on PC but I dont think the collector's edition is available on the PC. If not on the PC, then on the PS3.
    www.thehut.com

The limitied edition is different from the collectors edition. This is the collectors edition on the PS3.
    Just found it there on the HMV site.
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=646647

ds2.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5662942/amazon-lets-slip-the-dead-space-2-collectors-edition

Edit:just tried to buy it there. Wont deliver it outside of the UK. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The limitied edition is different from the collectors edition. This is the collectors edition on the PS3.
    Just found it there on the HMV site.
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=646647

ds2.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5662942/amazon-lets-slip-the-dead-space-2-collectors-edition

Wow! That's a lot of DS stuff. But yeah I'm very excited to see what they've done with this game. Seems (from the trailer below) to be a nice blend of psychological scares as well. As in Isaac's losing his sh!t. ^_^

Must've watched this about ten time by now. Initially thought the choice of tune was a bit kitschy, but it fits perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks brilliant.... 2 weeks to go.

Amazon.com are looking for $120 for the collectors edition on PC with shipping etc taken into account. No on my nelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Oh dude me want now. Best demo soundtrack ever as well.

*snif* Is there no special edition for the 360?! WHYYYYYYYYYY! (Did a search on Amazon and HMV for one and came up nada!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cant wait for this, have a 20 quid hmv voucher so hopefully theres some kind of limited version here, seems play and hmv have their own exclusive versions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

chin_grin wrote: »
    *snif* Is there no special edition for the 360?! WHYYYYYYYYYY! (Did a search on Amazon and HMV for one and came up nada!).
    Update: EA has confirmed the UK version of the collector's edition. The Plasma Cutter replica is exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PC, while the PlayStation 3 version comes with a downloadable rivet gun and the PlayStation Move version of Dead Space: Extraction

Tough one which to get. Tempted to get both.

If extraction is good I might get a Move, i have it on Wii anyway but its a hoot to play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

They have it here, don't know if they will deliver that to Ireland, but have used them before and found them to be good.
    <Link removed>

EDIT: As briankearon666 said, I didn't know Xbox360 was region locked. That's just silly in this day and age...

Yes there is. They may have sold out of them. It can be seen on Amazon.com's site and the Gamestop American site. But they wont work over here because of region restrictions. Only the PS3 and PC versions will. But there are looking like they are gonna cost a fortune to get them to send it over here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Be careful ordering that. I'm 99% sure there is a region restriction on that. Shouldn't work in your 360 unless it's American.

I edited my post, didn't realise...

Thanks a mil for the info guys. Counting down the days now! I'm only on Chapter 7 of the first game too so better get the finger out!

I've played through Extraction on the Wii too and thought it a little on the short side. Still has amazing jumps and scares even for a lightgun game, but wouldn't base buying a completely new console just for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Preordered myself today anyway in Game. Was going to wait a few weeks to get it, but getting Extraction free with the PS3 Limited Edition tempted me. Had forgotten how much I enjoyed the way Dead Space plays until I played the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Preordered myself today anyway in Game. Was going to wait a few weeks to get it, but getting Extraction free with the PS3 Limited Edition tempted me. Had forgotten how much I enjoyed the way Dead Space plays until I played the demo.

Demo took me right back, but its even weirder now with the flash backs. I need to keep telling myself its just a game, stop getting to scarred your meant to be and adult ... but then something jumps out and i scream like a little girl and start whimpering.

Im only going to be able to enjoy this game when its over same as the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I know I played about 15 minutes of the original Dead Space on the PC before deciding that it was another sh*tty console port and never going back to it

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    I know I played about 15 minutes of the original Dead Space on the PC before deciding that it was another sh*tty console port and never going back to it

More fool you, missed out on one of the best action/horror games ever

krudler wrote: »
    More fool you, missed out on one of the best action/horror games ever
    In fairness, I can understand why he did it. I had problems with the game i.e. mouse lag. But that was sorted with the turning off of V-sync. It was a shoddy port, but a brilliant game, if you managed to get it working ok for you.
    you should go back to it and do a small bit of research into the problems you were having. I recommend it.

In fairness, I can understand why he did it. I had problems with the game i.e. mouse lag. But that was sorted with the turning off of V-sync. It was a shoddy port, but a brilliant game, if you managed to get it working ok for you.
    you should go back to it and do a small bit of research into the problems you were having. I recommend it.

ah ok, i thought he meant it was a crap game, a crap version is different. I might replay the first one again now that Modern Warfare 1 and 2 have been ruined forever, need something to play for the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

krudler wrote: »
    now that Modern Warfare 1 and 2 have been ruined forever,.

Eh? How exactly? I haven't played them in a good while and thought Black Ops was the worst yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That collectors edition is mighty tempting...

Shryke wrote: »
    Eh? How exactly? I haven't played them in a good while and thought Black Ops was the worst yet.

Hacked lobbies every game, aimbots, instakills, people flying around in harriers on the map, its ludicrous, completely unplayable 90% of the time over the last few days. was in a map the other night where one of the guys on the other team teleported everyone over to him and hit one button and killed us all, and a hacked message about youtube videos was on my lobby screen for ages afterwards, IW dont give a sh1te about it anymore since they're pretty much non existant now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Demo took me right back, but its even weirder now with the flash backs. I need to keep telling myself its just a game, stop getting to scarred your meant to be and adult ... but then something jumps out and i scream like a little girl and start whimpering.

Im only going to be able to enjoy this game when its over same as the first one.

Lol yup, it's definitely one of those type of games. It's only in retrospect that you can say that yeah, I did actually enjoy that! At the time you're so terrorised you can't pay too much attention to just how good it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Too bad. I loved MW1, 2 was decent.

On topic, I'm really looking forward to this now after watching the trailer someone posted. I'm gonna be all like :D when I get this. I should have it a few days early too.

That collectors edition is mighty tempting...
    Indeed it is. But let me know if you find somewhere that is selling it, or shipping it to Ireland. HMV wont ship it here. (and also said to me on twitter that the PC version will be very scarce in the shops, if at all). Gamestop aren't selling it and neither are Game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭vinchick

I am playing Dead Space now and I swear the neighbours must think there is something wrong with me from the amount of screaming! I am still jumpy an hour after playing.

Advertisement