Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

vinchick wrote: »
    I am playing Dead Space now and I swear the neighbours must think there is something wrong with me from the amount of screaming! I am still jumpy an hour after playing.

The scares do wear off as you become tooled up to the gills with weapons and it gets more action orientated, at the beginning you're crapping yourself at the sight of one necromorph, come the end and you'll love seeing half a dozen of them once you get the gun that fires controllable circualar saws :D choppy choppy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭vinchick

krudler wrote: »
    The scares do wear off as you become tooled up to the gills with weapons and it gets more action orientated, at the beginning you're crapping yourself at the sight of one necromorph, come the end and you'll love seeing half a dozen of them once you get the gun that fires controllable circualar saws :D choppy choppy!

Oooh I think I have that but I haven't tried it yet. Take this necromorphs!

Oooh I think I have that but I haven't tried it yet. Take this necromorphs!

there is one genius scare later on in it, i wont ruin it but i nearly shat my pants when i thought i'd seen everything it had to offer, have fun :D

there is one genius scare later on in it, i wont ruin it but i nearly shat my pants when i thought i'd seen everything it had to offer, have fun :D

Looking forward to it (not sure my neighbours are though)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Indeed it is. But let me know if you find somewhere that is selling it, or shipping it to Ireland. HMV wont ship it here. (and also said to me on twitter that the PC version will be very scarce in the shops, if at all). Gamestop aren't selling it and neither are Game.

TOGETHER WE SHALL FORM A MIGHTY TEAM!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Not when the
    USM Valor collides with the Ishimura. Then you're treated to the explanation that they've mutated to combine with their stasis units so they're super fast.
    Will freak the crap out of you! ^_^

(spoilered in case you're not that far).
    I am playing Dead Space now and I swear the neighbours must think there is something wrong with me from the amount of screaming! I am still jumpy an hour after playing.

Yeah I've done this. At the bit in hydroponics when they just come at you in waves I just kept going "sh!t, sh!t, SH!!!!!!!!!!!T!". Was hilarious.

Also Plasma Cutter FTW. I'm trying to get that achievement. Can't remember the name of it right now but it's where you complete the game using only that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I still remember playing it in the dark with the surround sound on and a daddy long legs flew into my ear. It was not a very masculine response from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Pause the game.
    Get up to go to the bathroom.
    You know it stupid, but you are afraid to open the door because you are sure there is a Necro the far side.

Can't wait to get stuck into this!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

trailer looks great hope the game is long, cant wait Fyi gamestop ireland have on their site 27/1/2011 as a release date but the games out on the 25th... dont know why this is so?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

padz wrote: »
    trailer looks great hope the game is long, cant wait Fyi gamestop ireland have on their site 27/1/2011 as a release date but the games out on the 25th... dont know why this is so?

It's due out on the 28th, http://www.ea.com/uk/dead-space-2 in europe.

It's out the 25th in the USA. http://www.ea.com/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The fact that, sales wise, this was unlikely to ever get a sequel is what really has me pumped to play this - it's the rare joy of EA giving a relatively unsuccessful franchise the chance to enjoy the success it deserved.

The lightbulbs are out, clean underwear nicely laid out - bring it on Visceral :)

The fact that, sales wise, this was unlikely to ever get a sequel is what really has me pumped to play this - it's the rare joy of EA giving a relatively unsuccessful franchise the chance to enjoy the success it deserved.

The lightbulbs are out, clean underwear nicely laid out - bring it on Visceral :)

What amazes me is how fleshed out the Dead Space universe feels already, after only one proper game and a spinoff lightgun game, the animated movie and that really built up the mythology of the series, and its cool that companies want to expand beyond the game itself to do this

What amazes me is how fleshed out the Dead Space universe feels already, after only one proper game and a spinoff lightgun game, the animated movie and that really built up the mythology of the series, and its cool that companies want to expand beyond the game itself to do this

You forgot to mention a comic (prequel to the original game)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Space_%28comics%29

And another film is coming out (trailer looks amazing for that too).

Dead Space: Aftermath (I love the DVD art for it).

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Space:_Aftermath

Also just got this in my rss feeds. Genius advertising by EA!

http://www.destructoid.com/moms-outraged-by-dead-space-2-191804.phtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

chin_grin wrote: »

Also just got this in my rss feeds. Genius advertising by EA!

http://www.destructoid.com/moms-outraged-by-dead-space-2-191804.phtml

That is brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Anyone any idea which will be the platform of choice? My pc is fairly fast, can run most new games full flight, but I heard that the first dead space was a bugger to play with mouse and keyboard.

So might have to pick it up on the Xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Anyone any idea which will be the platform of choice? My pc is fairly fast, can run most new games full flight, but I heard that the first dead space was a bugger to play with mouse and keyboard.

So might have to pick it up on the Xbox!

It's alright once you turn off V-Sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's alright once you turn off V-Sync.

I disagree, even then it's a pain. Someone I think in this thread said they thought they intentionally stuffed the controls to prevent the m&k from being too accurate. Dunno if they're any truth to that but playing the game I'd believe it.

Will any of the shops here have the collectors(or the limited) edition? I'd order online but I want it the day it comes out. The last time I ordered a game from play.com it took them three weeks to deliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Will any of the shops here have the collectors(or the limited) edition? I'd order online but I want it the day it comes out. The last time I ordered a game from play.com it took them three weeks to deliver it.
    Drop them an email/message on twitter/facebook. Had plenty of contact with them over the last couple of days and are more than happy to find stuff out for you.

• Advertisement

Longer video of Moms against Dead Space 2. (Behind the scenes!) :D

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/41941/your-mama-hates-dead-space

UPDATE.

Got this this morning. (Vid shows a new gruesome death scene......Amidst one of the mothers actually enjoying the game! Fair play to her!)

http://www.destructoid.com/this-mom-isn-t-outraged-by-dead-space-2-192032.phtml

UPDATE 2:

We really need a sick-face emoticon!

http://io9.com/5737395/dont-look-at-this-dead-space-2-concept-art-unless-youve-got-a-strong-stomach

UPDATE 3!

A 2 min video about the different Necros online.

http://www.destructoid.com/a-look-at-dead-space-2-s-multiplayer-necromorphs-192101.phtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭GerardB

that ad campaign... its so sad...
    do you not find it patronising that a company is trying to sell you a product intended for people over the age of 18 on the premise that your mother disapproves of it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

GerardB wrote: »
    do you not find it patronising that a company is trying to sell you a product intended for people over the age of 18 on the premise that your mother disapproves of it?

I find it brilliant. They are doing something different for advertisment. It's more tongue in cheek, and a poke at the way games are viewed then a serious method. More please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kiith this is how to advertise a game .......

http://www.eurogamer.de/videos/serious-sam-hd-trailer-3

The your mom hates it crap is pretty cringe worthy tbh and for a product aimed at adults very poorly thought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Kinda sad that they're still selling games by going for the 'it's violent and disgusting' angle tbh. Whether its tongue in cheek or not, its still an awful, awful ad. It also misses the point a bit about what made Dead Space good, the tension, not the monsters or gore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Seen the Ad on tv for this thursday night.It was pretty cool but this kinda reminds me of Castlevania or Enslaved.I might wait for a quick price drop to buy it,I remember buying the 1st quick & seeing it being sold 3 months later for half price.The PS3 Limited Edition that has Extraction is it a DLC Download code or is it on the Disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

any shops in dublin release this yet

i got resi 5 3days before its release:D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Really excited for this now, while I was never really frightened playing the 1st one it was still a very intense experience with some of the most impressive boss design I've seen this gen!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

biggebruv wrote: »
    any shops in dublin release this yet

i got resi 5 3days before its release:D

Not out til the 28th, so still six days to go. Can't imagine anywhere even has it in stock yet.

• Advertisement

GerardB wrote: »

That is what I thought when I first seen them. Why would anyone who is over the age of 18 (who the game is supposed to be for) care what their Mammies think?

Advertisement