Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

KilOit wrote: »
    Playing on Survival and still died quite a few times, I thought i was doing really well with all the ammo i had for it to all go on a boss battle which was quite tough. expect to die a lot in this one, even retracing steps spawns new necro's so the path you just cleared they can still jump out, don't remember that in the first one.
    Good so far, the damn kids used up all my ammo too, need to invest in assault rifle me thinks.
    cool thanks for the info, so your sayin when u respawn after dying even after completing a task those necromorphs that u would normally expect to be dead are there again? i would normally go a bit then retrace back to a save point are you sayin then if i respawn there all the necros are there that i already killed? have u tried saving after killing spree then reloading the save what happens then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Raekwon wrote: »
    I have Dead Space 2 on order from Play.com so hopefully they won't shaft me with a late delivery ;) I picked up DS1 in Xtravision for €9.99 back in late 2009 and I have to say that it was a total bargain! Excellent game!

Btw I was at the game launch at The Sugar Club too, I was with my gf and we were very entertained at the massive fat guy literally creaming himself everytime fresh pizza arrived :p I seen him approaching us with his empty pizza plate so I grabbed the last two slices of the half eaten pizza, that was just passed to us, and closed the empty box as soon as he arrived! Hungry basta*d :rolleyes:

Btw does anyone know where the photos from this event are being published? There was an attractive looking couple a few rows down from us that were constantly being photographed and video-taped, at one point they were handed a pizza slice each and told to eat them on camera with the Domino's sign showing. My gf turned to me and said that could have been us if you had bothered to shave :p lol

possibly ea/viceral promo vids for themselves or maybe to be released at a later date, ive heard words about EA relocating here for the obvious tax rate and of coarse the uber cool people but yea im sure they like to relay video of the openings to the company/ea for moral afterall they did make the game and i cant wait goin to compleat extraction first as thats how the series is plus dl'd aftermath the new dvd its gottne bad reviews but hey its only 440mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Azza wrote: »
    Just got this from EA Store on PC.

Played about hour of it. Pretty good so far. More of the same really but its got a very memorable opening scene that had me thinking back to "you have got to be ****ing kidding!" scene in The Thing.

Mouse controls are perfectly fine this time around (v-sync on). Nice and responsive when aiming this time, although turning Isac around while running is like trying to get the titanic to avoid the iceberg.

So don't need to use xbox 360 controller?

Hmm... this is tempting.

• Moderators Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Azza

No I don't think a gamepad is nessecary. Aiming is fine with a mouse and keyboard. As I said turning is abit sluggish but that obviously a design decision and not an issue with the controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Azza wrote: »
    No I don't think a gamepad is nessecary. Aiming is fine with a mouse and keyboard. As I said turning is abit sluggish but that obviously a design decision and not an issue with the controls.

Yay!!

downloading now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jimbob25w

No PC Demo. FXXX you, EA.
    pc? go on xbox live dude demo on there for the last few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

padz wrote: »
    cool thanks for the info, so your sayin when u respawn after dying even after completing a task those necromorphs that u would normally expect to be dead are there again? i would normally go a bit then retrace back to a save point are you sayin then if i respawn there all the necros are there that i already killed? have u tried saving after killing spree then reloading the save what happens then?

That's what I did, was too pussy to continue on after clearing the the room
    So I back tracked to save area in previous room, opened the door to find a necro at the door then one jumped from ceiling.
    Haven't reloaded yet,when you die it just puts you at the start of previos room, so it must just autosave all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Currently sitting in work calling around like a madman for the Collector's Edition with the Plasma Cutter replica.

Anyone now a store in Dublin who got some of them in(360)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

They were supposed to be fairly scarce. I tried finding the PC version everywhere. Couldnt find it, bar a few online retailers in the states and eBay which would cost a fortune (Thanks to Genghiz Cohen). After seeing a video of the replica plasma cutter I was delighted I didnt go for it, even though I do love me some Dead Space. It deefo isn't worth the extra money for it.

I believe the Xbox/PS3 version of the collector's edition are a a little less scarce to get at launch. HMV had exclusive rights to sell it in the UK but when I contacted them on Twitter to see if they'd ship it over here, they said no, mostly because they didn't have the exclusive rights to sell it over here. So I don't know who actually has the rights to sell it over here. Maybe everyone, but I didn't see it on Game of HMV this morning when I went down to buy it. But then again, I had given up looking for it when I saw that video I mentioned above. Sorry I cant be of any help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Thanks very much for the reply! Oddly enough, Xtra-Vision of all places seem to have gotten a few of them, but I can't find one for the life of me. Will keep checking around... damn my addiction to these trinkets!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have it sitting here for xbox , can't play it yet though ..... not dark enough lol

Why is it 2 dvd's? Multiplayer on one main game on the other :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

calex71 wrote: »
    Have it sitting here for xbox , can't play it yet though ..... not dark enough lol

Why is it 2 dvd's? Multiplayer on one main game on the other :confused:

You have to change the disk half way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You have to change the disk half way through.

was the same with FFXIII wasnt it? gotta love blurays. seems the only version of the ps3 one is the limited one, must be the only version available for a while (the one with the Move version of Extraction on it.

been playing it a bit, on chapter 2 now, its absolutely stunning looking in places, same engine just crisper shadows and lighting, the sound is still great, but its not scary, you know what to expect, tense in places sure but nothing like the first one.
    only thing I dont like is that you can recharge your suit energy by just pressing circle now, have done it twice accidentally, takes away the tension from the first that you had to bring up your rig to select it imo, makes it too easy. does it change on the harder modes? am playing it on normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I decided to play on the difficulty above normal and below zealot.Getting killed but then again, I am bit rusty. Haven't played DS1 in a couple of months. I like the way that there are checkpoints on top of the save system. Comes in real handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any good deals on this? HMV? Tesco?

HMV are always E45 on new releases.

45 in hmv, 49 in game.

I take back wha it said about it not being scary, just had my first encounter with the kids, shat my pants lol

oh and those enemies that had one big yellow bubbly arm from the first one are back, and they sound fcuking horrific, awesome but horrible sound design again.

end of chapter 3,
    the end of chapter 2 was one of the best setpieces I've played in ages, loving the action so far

the graphics are astonishing in places, every time you see a big window with a view of the Sprawl you just wanna stand there and admire it

Anyone upto the enemies that are like jurrasic park Raptors they screech and run at you, but also hide and peek out around corners if you look at them they duck away and try to circle around you, and hunt in packs. Freaky things

Game took a lot out of me, its actually physically draining to play through it, first 5 missions are at an easy pace, 6-12 really ramp up and the last 3 are so hard.

Few good lines in it too
    When the girl says that sounds like a bad idea, Issac says stick around im full of bad idea's :D

Anyone upto the enemies that are like jurrasic park Raptors they screech and run at you, but also hide and peek out around corners if you look at them they duck away and try to circle around you, and hunt in packs. Freaky things

those things are awesome, love name of the achievement for killing them all too, great little movie reference :D the enemies in this are a lot more frequent compared to the first, i like how its in the middle of something bigger, seeing other people who live in the sprawl being attacked through windows and doors you cant get to, those kids are fcuking freaky though

• Advertisement

For those who have played it - how does it compare to the first? Is it worse, the same, or better? No spoilers, please. I'm waiting until it drops down in price before I buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Traded in a few games for this today. Got fairly good trades so went for the collectors edition ps3. Comes with the soundtrack the wii game. Do you download the wii game seperatly or how does that work?

For those who have played it - how does it compare to the first? Is it worse, the same, or better? No spoilers, please. I'm waiting until it drops down in price before I buy it.

Its more acton orientated but still scary, if you've played through the first you know what to expect, it looks absolutely spectacular in places as well, might be the best looking game on the ps3 right now, lighting and sound effects are amazing. The setpieces are great as well, and no more backtracking back to the train station like the first one, you're constantly moving forward this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

krudler wrote: »
    only thing I dont like is that you can recharge your suit energy by just pressing circle now, have done it twice accidentally, takes away the tension from the first that you had to bring up your rig to select it imo, makes it too easy. does it change on the harder modes? am playing it on normal

It was the same in DS1. I remember because I got so pissed off at accidently using it when I started playing DS1, not happening this time though.

I'm about halfway through chapter 3. Loving it so far. The first chapter was fantastically tense, gave me a few frights as well. Am liking Isaac's personality, conversations so far despite being a bit iffy about it in the trailers.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    It was the same in DS1. I remember because I got so pissed off at accidently using it when I started playing DS1, not happening this time though.

I'm about halfway through chapter 3. Loving it so far. The first chapter was fantastically tense, gave me a few frights as well. Am liking Isaac's personality, conversations so far despite being a bit iffy about it in the trailers.

I didnt really want to hear Isaac talk either, but I suppose you cant always have a silent, Freeman type lead character. I could do with less of the psychological breakdown moments though, they take away from the atmospere imo. its tense enough without having your dead girlfriend appear as well.

Just reached chapter 4. Loving it so far. The opening was fantastic. Those kids gave me no end of hassle. I had **** all ammo when I ran into them and they tore me to pieces a couple of times. The set pieces are extremely well done. This game makes me want to go out and buy a proper home cinema set up, visuals and sound are top notch and the gameplay does not disappoint.
    Had a quick bash off of Dead Space Extraction too. I don't have a wii so never played it when it first came out and wasn't sure what to expect but it seems pretty impressive. It looks and sounds better than I expected a wii port to be, but it will have to wait till I finish DS2 first before I get stuck in.

Its the same but different ! As i said in my review it lacks some of the fear the first created but adds much more action. It still has its freaky bits but less of the "oh my god whats that noise" momments. But at the same time i said its hard for the developers to keep it the same as the player knows about the necromorphs now so its hard to re create that initial fear like the first game had.

Its very good either way. 15 chapters and about 10 hours long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hi guys I just picked up dead space 2 for the ps3 and I am asking is dead space extraction on the disc or do I have to put in a code to the PSN shop ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Hi guys I just picked up dead space 2 for the ps3 and I am asking is dead space extraction on the disc or do I have to put in a code to the PSN shop ?

Its on the disc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Anyone know were i can pick up DEADSPACE 1 on PS3 for like a 10 er in dublin

Advertisement