Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

padz wrote: »
    this is starting to annoy me a few times i used a medium health pack by mistake when i only had one bar of energy gone, the other way was better,... also wheres the map? i like to know where i am and looking at the old map was fun but these new route lines while helpful kinda take away from the exploring element as ur always following the blue line and miss lots of ammo and stuff

enjoying the game so far, like the hack bit kinda cool on chapter 4 playin time 3hours, i like to explore and read all the logs ect so id say ill be 13-15hrs to get tru it

Very little need for a map in this one vs the original so far (I'm half way through) It's much more linear. Very little off the beaten path, and when it is it's rarely a room or 2 off course.

Also got stung with the heal button a few times and that is not good on Zealot.

Over all now I'm finding it feeling like bioshock / an evil mass effect, Issac even looks a tad like shepherd :D Thats mainly due to the sections I just did on chapter 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

chapter 7 is freaking awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Anyone try the multiplayer? I've been having issues with EA servers the last couple of days - good excuse to just play Single Player though!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Anyone try the multiplayer? I've been having issues with EA servers the last couple of days - good excuse to just play Single Player though!

its ok, if people played it more as a team instead of COD style deathmatches itd work, the Necromorphs are ridicuously outclassed by the humans, you get to play as both per match though. i like how you can pick your spawn points as the necros and you have a choice of 4 types, the kids, the little ones with 3 tentacles, the main style of one you encounter all the time and the slow, vomiting one. if people worked together itd be easy to overcome the humans but no, everyone runs off and gets killed a few seconds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I got the game in the post there and i dont seem to have gotten the dragon age 2 armour, is it including in the online pass code ? ps3 version

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

tonydude wrote: »
    I got the game in the post there and i dont seem to have gotten the dragon age 2 armour, is it including in the online pass code ? ps3 version

In the PC case at least, it's just a redeemable code on a paper insert. Redeem on the bioware site as before, and it now lists the Ser Isaac armour for PC/XBox/PS3 on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just onto chapter 6 today. Definitely enjoying it so far. Loved the start
    when you were in the straight jacket, great way to throw you in at the deep end. Then getting only the torch and going through the pitch black offices
    Yeah it's just cheap scares but still so enjoyable. I find them still making me jump a bit.

Also the end of chapter five
    was one of the most epic set pieces. Looked so so great and really is like watching a big budget movie in that part :P

Definitely enjoying it, and am just taking my time enjoying the atmosphere with it, making sure I don't miss any rooms etc.

And the Ripper is great against the kids :D

Anyone get to the bit in chapter 8 yet where
    you have to maneuvre in zero g around the machinery? awesome section
    am loving this game at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

krudler wrote: »
    its ok, if people played it more as a team instead of COD style deathmatches itd work, the Necromorphs are ridicuously outclassed by the humans, you get to play as both per match though. i like how you can pick your spawn points as the necros and you have a choice of 4 types, the kids, the little ones with 3 tentacles, the main style of one you encounter all the time and the slow, vomiting one. if people worked together itd be easy to overcome the humans but no, everyone runs off and gets killed a few seconds later.
    i find trick with multiplayer playing as a morph ya need to play it cool find a human sneak up and burst them in the head from behind and by the time they turn your looking good to dismembering them. stupid asses running into 2 or 3 humans is just ****ing stupid llol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

MP is ok, maybe gets better as more upgrades and weapons unlock. The Pack (the creepy little kids) can be viciously annoying, just jump and attack in mid air to latch on, great for sneaking up on someone trying to shoot your guys off another human. The Spitter (tal lanky one that takes 10 seconds to spawn) is terribly powerful, 2 charge spits can kill someone, and you get an extra range damage boost at lvl 9.

Loving the newer weapons, Javelin gun = :D cant wait to get the explosive Alt fire. Detenator mines are good but tricky to use as most enemies spawn and sprint at you, leaving little time to setup a good trip wire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Loving the newer weapons, Javelin gun = :D cant wait to get the explosive Alt fire. Detenator mines are good but tricky to use as most enemies spawn and sprint at you, leaving little time to setup a good trip wire.

There are sections in the last few chapters where enemies keep coming out of certain vents. The mine work great here as you just lay one and you are guaranteed a kill.

just went back inside the Ishimura :D, didnt realise it featured in the game at all
    was a cool surprise, crap, I dont wanna go in there :o

just went back inside the Ishimura :D, didnt realise it featured in the game at all
    Yeah, that was great. Especially as you follow the almost exact same route through the ship as in DS1

Other highlights from the game:
    Everytime I blow out a window and everything gets sucked out, so much fun. if only I didnt miss the switch and get trapped in the door so many times :(
    "You with CEC?"
    "Yeah, heavy cargo pilot class 3...you?"
    "Engineer"
    "......nerd"
    The ocular interface in the machine beside the marker.....squealed like a little girl at seeing it go in :P
    the very end, from Isaac sitting in the middle of the maelstrom as the Marker disintegrates and the credits start appearing, to the boosting through the air dodging debris to reach the ship, to the very end with the camera in the same position as the end of DS1 and Isaac looks over to Ellie ".......what?"

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

Other highlights from the game:
    Everytime I blow out a window and everything gets sucked out, so much fun. if only I didnt miss the switch and get trapped in the door so many times :(

Aye:
    in the previous game it was bad enough to see Issac get ripped apart,but now that you can empathize with his personality its horrifying
    "You with CEC?"
    "Yeah, heavy cargo pilot class 3...you?"
    "Engineer"
    "......nerd"

I see your
    "......nerd"
    and raise you
    "YOU OWE ME AN EYE YOU BASTARD!"
    The ocular interface in the machine beside the marker.....squealed like a little girl at seeing it go in :P

Think thats bad?!
    see what happens when you miss with the needle!, without a doubt the most horrible death I have seen in this game or any I have played in a while!
    the very end, from Isaac sitting in the middle of the maelstrom as the Marker disintegrates and the credits start appearing, to the boosting through the air dodging debris to reach the ship, to the very end with the camera in the same position as the end of DS1 and Isaac looks over to Ellie ".......what?"

Hahah yeah, have to say this game was packed with much more epic scenes than the last. One moment though I will not forget:
    When you get to the top of the Unittology church and meet Diana, mirroring the reveal in Dead Space 1 where Daniels also says she is a Church member. Suffice to say after hearing Diana gloat at the plans she had for Issac, her being shot to pieces and sucked out into space moments later was quite satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Told you not to count your chickens ! It was a good section though
    I like the bit where she says they are pouring in through the medical bay, but you will be ok you will bypass it.....then the train stops unexpected delay tram stopped at medical bay....

^^ whats that about

A bit dissapointed in the game so far,havn't jumped once, just running through killing everything like a standard shooter, the necro' s are a bit predictable on where they appear. Played the first 3 times so the scares arent coming easily.

tonydude wrote: »
    ^^ whats that about

A bit dissapointed in the game so far,havn't jumped once, just running through killing everything like a standard shooter, the necro' s are a bit predictable on where they appear. Played the first 3 times so the scares arent coming easily.

pretty much the same, the only thing that genuinely made me jump was a piece of machinery in chapter 9 coming to life beside me unexpectedly, aside from that the necros arent scary at all except for the raptor things, and thats more because you have to wait for them to attack, the other ones are cannon fodder. its hard to replicate the fear from the first one, which still makes me uneasy playing it even though I've played it 3 times as well. still loving DS2, its a slicker gamer overall but not as scary as the first. I do love (chapter 10 spoiler)
    being back on the Ishimura though, its creepy walking around it while its all barricaded up and theres decontamination equipment all over the place, its all so familiar

Fouloleron wrote: »
    Think thats bad?!
    see what happens when you miss with the needle!, without a doubt the most horrible death I have seen in this game or any I have played in a while!

What do you think happened the first time I tried it :p

Also, the many deaths of Isaac Clarke [Massive spoilers within]:

Love the bit when your in space beside the gunship, if your killed it has your hand floating along like the cover of the first game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just got this for the pc, its ok, doesn't seem as clunky as the first but I'm not liking the FOV at all, any fix?

[QUOTE=Gunmonkey;70399734
    Also, the many deaths of Isaac Clarke [Massive spoilers within]:

[/QUOTE]

Didn't watch the video as I'm not finished yet, but my favorite was in chapter 9 ?
    When you pick up the gear to get the tram going, and theres a head with tentacles under it , if it kills you which it did as it got me by surprise it decapitates you and props it self on your body :D

That room on chapter 8 , you know it if you passed it must have taken me 20 attempts to clear, bloody stalkers :mad:

ANother highlight was when you had to
    Kinesis the body to pass the door scan
    had me scratching my head for a minute :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

lookin on the ea/visceral site they have a thread about leaving feedback about ds2 on this link here page 12 of the thread http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/dead-space/355158-leave-us-your-dead-space-feedback-12.html

its about halfway down a poster pretty much says what im feelin at the mo about the game,.. its the v long post so i wasnt goin to paste the txt in here,...

just wonder what everyone else thinks about the game & maybe we can have a discussion here on the game gud and bad points etc?

i think its great but a bit too much of a gun and runner its hard to explain jus ds1 got me better ya know?

padz wrote: »
    lookin on the ea/visceral site they have a thread about leaving feedback about ds2 on this link here page 12 of the thread http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/dead-space/355158-leave-us-your-dead-space-feedback-12.html

its about halfway down a poster pretty much says what im feelin at the mo about the game,.. its the v long post so i wasnt goin to paste the txt in here,...

just wonder what everyone else thinks about the game & maybe we can have a discussion here on the game gud and bad points etc?

i think its great but a bit too much of a gun and runner its hard to explain jus ds1 got me better ya know?

Fair points, I mentioned mass effect earlier in this thread because of how Issac looks a lot like Shepherd and some of the environments were like an evil mass effect. Dead Space 2 like ME2 was a dumbed down version of the original to some extent , thats not saying it's not good but when you stand back and look at it thats exactly what it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Finished the game tonight on normal.

Is a good game but not a patch scarewise on Dead Space, for reasons already stated.

Preferred Dead Space as it got under your skin more and really got the heart rate pumping.

Has anyone tried the Hardcore Mode yet?
    Only 3 saves allowed from start to finish
    .. :eek: 4 on the 360...:o

Will be interesting when I get around to trying it. Playing zealot mode first.

F1ngers wrote: »

Has anyone tried the Hardcore Mode yet?
    Only 3 saves allowed from start to finish
    .. :eek: 4 on the 360...:o

Will be interesting when I get around to trying it. Playing zealot mode first.

I've been playing on zealot from the get go , and have been dying a lot!!!!! Ammo and Health not a big issue as long as you don't go crazy with it. Hard core is supposed to be zealot drops (health and ammo) and survivalist enemies?
    Even so tha,t restriction is just annoying as there a tonnes of spots you can get caught even being careful and knowing where the spans are and die with one hit.

Christ it took me ages to get through
    the Ishimura, that long area with two brutes and a bunch of other necros was a pain, i had hardly any ammo and health so after dying twice i tried to trek back out of the ship to a store to buy more but you can only go as far as the railcar thing that brings you to it. finall passed it but jesus that was tough, had 1 small medpack, no statis recharges and barely any ammo. if i replay that on hardcore im spending every penny i have on ammo lol

Anyone try the multiplayer, had a few games last night and its alright, playing as the necros is a good laugh

Krudler you must have done that the mugs way, that was a risk free section ;)

I spotted that when I exited into that area the door didn't lock behind me
    meaning the brutes couldn't get me when I legged it back there
    got a nice shiny achievement for that too
    killing a brute without taking any damage
    :)

Brutes are easy enough, just stasis and run behind and hammer away at their ickle legs, re-stasising if its gonna wear out. Once the legs gone, back away and kinesis the explosive ball they fire at you. Takes practice but played DS1 dozens of times so :p

Am thinking standing around is gonna take up the majority of my time in HardCore, waiting for stasis recharge.Or those bloody sielnt, ninja Pukers that always get behind me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

One thing that's annoying me is the dissappearing bodies. Kill too many at any one time and the bodies start to disappear, meaning that you cant get any of the goodies that up for grabs.

I have found a good way around the disappearing bodies though. I use the secondary fire on the Javelin gun, that shoots out a metal rod and pins your enemy to the wall/ground. the secondary fire electrocutes the area around the previously fired dart/rod. It's great for when a load of kids come running at you. The electrocution seems to move the body which knock the ammo/med pack out of them, instead of running over there and stomping on them before they disappear. Usually works well if there is a choke point/doorway to keep firing at. So the bodies that have fallen before will get electrocuted before they disappear.

Just in Chapter 6 at the part where
    the school play is staged. After activating the switch, a load of kids come running at you and most of them have to run up the ramp to get onto the stage.
    This worked wonders for me. A load of loot on the ground for the taking.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Krudler you must have done that the mugs way, that was a risk free section ;)

I spotted that when I exited into that area the door didn't lock behind me
    meaning the brutes couldn't get me when I legged it back there
    got a nice shiny achievement for that too
    killing a brute without taking any damage
    :)

Ha thats what I did, i just stood inside the door and shot at it, but as I had no ammo I had to make a run for it and make it to the point where there was some pulse rifle rounds up near the elevator, was pretty hairy

Advertisement