Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

well finished it there last night . played it on survivalist first playthrough and have to say was quite happy :) got around 7 and a half hours out of the game so far which isnt bad considering i was pretty heavy on the exploring and a good hour of that was spent
    dealing with that treachourous bitch nicole
    . playing through on zealot mode now before i try things on hardcore

scares where classic at the start but predictable towards the end but at that stage the game brought the element of fear in by hitting you with waves of enemy's when your running low on plasma energy and are stuck with your ****ty un upgraded rivet gun :P
    that regenerating bastard at the end gave me a scare....knocked him down and went to get on with the task at hand all the while wondering....what the hell is that noise i killed the only necromorph?...then seeing him stand back up in the background....*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

I bow to you folk that finished the game in under 8 hours with exploring etc. I killed everything in the game until i got to the unfortunate looking chaps that don't die and completed it in 9.24h. The last sequence was downright tough, must have died 20 times there.

All in all i adored the game. very engaging experience and the set pieces were just fantastic to watch.graphics were up there with uncharted 2 in some parts too.
    Gonna play the first one again as i need another fix.:p
    It reminded me of Half life 2 and Bioshock in parts also,bit of ME2 in there. Anybody else get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I bow to you folk that finished the game in under 8 hours with exploring etc. I killed everything in the game until i got to the unfortunate looking chaps that don't die and completed it in 9.24h. The last sequence was downright tough, must have died 20 times there.

All in all i adored the game. very engaging experience and the set pieces were just fantastic to watch.graphics were up there with uncharted 2 in some parts too.
    Gonna play the first one again as i need another fix.:p
    It reminded me of Half life 2 and Bioshock in parts also,bit of ME2 in there. Anybody else get that?
    couldnt tell you im one of those loosers who's never played half life :( i couldnt really see a lot of ME2 in it to be honest but i could see a mountain of bioshock influence there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lads any advice for the end, I'm playing on Zealot I have full stasis one med healthpack and equipped with plasma cutter, line gun, detonator and pulse, plenty of ammo ...... I think

No before I copped on to what I was actually supposed to be doing I was able to last ages
    I was just shooting nicole didnt spot the yellow bit I was supposed to hit after I got rid of her for a few seconds, Not that I realized that I am getting over whelmed by the pack
    :(

I tried running but Issac is just to bloody slow and I get ripped to shreds in seconds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

calex71 wrote: »
    Lads any advice for the end, I'm playing on Zealot I have full stasis one med healthpack and equipped with plasma cutter, line gun, detonator and pulse, plenty of ammo ...... I think

No before I copped on to what I was actually supposed to be doing I was able to last ages
    I was just shooting nicole didnt spot the yellow bit I was supposed to hit after I got rid of her for a few seconds, Not that I realized that I am getting over whelmed by the pack
    :(

I tried running but Issac is just to bloody slow and I get ripped to shreds in seconds.
    Line gun secondary on Nicole, blast the marker with everything else.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Line gun secondary on Nicole, blast the marker with everything else.

Hmmmmmmm I like your thinking....... I rage quit earlier and bumped the difficulty down to get it finished but I have a save or two ready for some Zealot Justice !!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Focus on Nicole, when she "dies" and the Marker is exposed, the Pack should vanish a few seconds later. Then open up on the heart and rinse repeat.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Focus on Nicole, when she "dies" and the Marker is exposed, the Pack should vanish a few seconds later. Then open up on the heart and rinse repeat.
    The window is very tight, they start to reappear as soon as I start shooting the yellow heart nearly , If i had more health might be safer but with one health pack I'm thinking I was being overly focused and aggressive on what was in front of me as opposed to what was around me ?

Vengeance will be mine and a 50gs achievement !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I literally hate this game. Havent enjoyed any of it. Its not scary, its atmosphere is **** compared to DS1, up to chapter 9 and im barely even bothered trying to finish it now

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

I've loved it so far but seem to have engineered a game breaking scenario playing on Zealot. Got to chapter 13 and to a room where you need to tackle about 20 necro's, finally managed to clear the room, went back out and saved with only one bar of health left and limited ammo continued on and died in the next room and now when I restart I have to attempt everything with that one health bar and I can't backtrack to a store due to the laser room, so so frustrating, as I don't want to start all over again on Zealot. My fault for just over writing each save but surely if you clear a room and save it, there should be no respawns :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I literally hate this game. Havent enjoyed any of it. Its not scary, its atmosphere is **** compared to DS1, up to chapter 9 and im barely even bothered trying to finish it now

Yea I tend to agree. Loved DS1 but the gore is this is just silly and the screeches etc get annoying after a while. Traded it in today to get the €50 credit from gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just finished it there. Not as enjoyable for as the first one, but then again, that's rather hard thing to do. I LOVED Dead Space 1. This comes in a close second. Most of the scares could be telegraphed before they were going to happen. Nothing too creepy in this game like the first, just jumpy for the most part.
    When he's on the ship with Ellie escaping and he's thinking to himself, something along the lines of 'fcuk me!', did anyone think that Nicole was gonna jump out at you again like the end of the first game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The temptation to highlight the spoilers in this thread is absolutely killing me. But I've been good......mostly.

So, just started playing this last night (360) and have to say I'm enjoying it immensely. The opening scene is done very well. There are a few cheap scares but they didn't annoy as they had the desired effect (jolting like I just took a taser to the scrote!). Example:
    The start when the TV blasts on. Or when you walk in to a room and you hear a cup fall. I actually said "oh f*ck off".

Just one question. Is there any difference between the "refurbished" plasma cutter and the one he makes? (Fantastic 'scene'!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

This game is ****ing class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I've just one little gripe with the game. The air vents. They're a nice addition, but after being through the third or fourth one they're starting to grate.

Again, I know it's only a small nit-pick. But you can't do much in them except crawl.........Which yeah I know that's the point of feeling vulnerable in case you are attacked (or something coming after you)!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Play it with headphones. Its a whole different game.

I'm up to chapter 7 now, but the part that made me jump the most so far was going through a residential area (chapter 5 maybe?). I was looting some bedrooms, and the f***ing radio alarm clock beside one of the beds started going BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP..... Scared the bejesus out of me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I have a good set of surround speakers and I play in as close to total darkness as I can get and i'd have to agree with the crappy atmosphere comment, the only thing that freaks me out about the game is the constant flashing lights as I start worrying about having a panic attack.
    the game's been a dissapointment so far, only on chapter six and I haven't played it in 4-5 days as I just don't have the interest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

http://kotaku.com/#!5754421/get-an-eyeful-of-dead-space-2s-new-add+on-severed/gallery/1
    Kotaku wrote:
    Necromorph slayers looking for more dismemberment will want to keep an eye out for the new Dead Space 2 expansion, Severed, coming (only) to Xbox Live and PlayStation Network soon.

Dear E.A,

**** you.

Sincerely,
    PC Gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Is there a multiplayer option? and if so is it any good?

Mr E wrote: »

I'm up to chapter 7 now, but the part that made me jump the most so far was going through a residential area (chapter 5 maybe?). I was looting some bedrooms, and the f***ing radio alarm clock beside one of the beds started going BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP..... Scared the bejesus out of me.

Lmao same thing happened to me , I stared spraying the place with pulse rounds in fright :D

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »

Dear PC Gamers

Har har

Sincerely,
    Xbox 360+PS3 Gamers
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Kiith wrote: »
    What is all that about anyways? Same thing happened with the Bioshock 2 DLC, but with the backlash they got they agreed to release it on PC. Perhaps if enough people complain they'll release it for PC? Why wouldn't they want the sales? Perhaps they think DLC is too easily pirated on PC?
    godwin wrote: »
    Is there a multiplayer option? and if so is it any good?
    There is a basic multiplayer mode - you play in a team of 4 as a human or a necromorph. There are about 5 maps I think and each has a different objective for the humans to complete and all the necromorphs have to do is stop them from completing it. It has your standard unlocks for a game these days (increased melee damage, new weapons, new uniforms etc).

I actually really like it. It's ridiculous fun to play as a necromorph, you've just got to be careful who you attack (stragglers instead of groups) and try to attack with your fellow flesh eaters. You can also choose where you spawn as a necromorph so that means you can always try to appear behind a human and get the jump on them.

Once you stick with your team you'll do well, and I think most people realise that now when playing. Otherwise you'll die a lot.

The thing that sets it apart for me is that's it's just bloody hilarious seeing someone flail at you as a necromorph, as they move much faster than in the game. Playing as a necromorph is what I prefer though, like when you're playing as a Lurker running on the ceiling it looks like a little manic chihuahua, and then you play as one of the Pack their heads come off really easily, but sometimes you don't die so you're running around with no head.

Basically the fun and lulz to playtime ratio with the multiplayer is really high. In a time when some developers are trying too hard to be COD, the Dead Space guys just made something really fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

The thing with the multiplayer is when you play as the necromorphs you should expect to die a lot. Its not team deathmatch so don't worry about that. You just have to be a nuisance and distract the humans so they can't play the objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Mr E wrote: »

Yup did the same thing.Its games like this that I use to justify spending 180 on a headset.:D

So, had my first try at Hard Core last night.
    Got as far as the
    tripod
    and mis-timed opening the door with my
    kinesis
    ...:(

It really ratchets up the tension. :D
    There are a couple oh f*ck, oh f*ck, oh f*ck moments - for example in the
    church
    I forgot to pull the
    dead
    to me so I could
    stomp
    them and prevent them from being
    revived
    (won't forget on my second attempt) and the
    swarm of kids

Have watched a couple of vids on you tube, but they all seem to have bought the dlc which gives them them an extra gun and a suit from the start, pfft...:mad:

I've decided that my saves will be in chapters 7
    (school)
    , 12
    (after the Ishimura)
    and as close to the final boss as possible
    (there's a save and store fairly close,
    iirc :D).

Is anyone else trying it? How are you getting on?

Has anyone completed Hard Core yet? Any tips?

I kinda wanna get back into it but I dont really thing I'll be able for Hardcore mode myself. Three saves! That's it?
    Oh and if you can
    get to the school
    without dying to save, fair play to ya.
    For those that have completed Hardcore mode, where did you save? spoiler tags should probably be used if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I dropped into Xtravision last night to pick this up for the ps3, the lad behind the counter told me it's not out yet (they had display copies)

Anyone know what the deal is, clearly lots of you lads have it and the official date is down as Jan 28.

He obviously had no Idea what he was talking about. If you can, get it somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

He obviously had no Idea what he was talking about. If you can, get it somewhere else.

cheers, just looked at their website and it's down as "out now" :confused:

It's the only place I can hit before the weekend, might call them later to see what's up or pick it up in the City at the weekend.

• Advertisement

Might wanna edit that with Spoiler tags.

Done.
    Oh and if you can
    get to the school
    without dying to save, fair play to ya.

It's a case of having to.

The part where I died was stupid of me tbh and I should have gotten much further. I just forgot to press
    L1
    , :p for my
    kinesis

Advertisement