Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red valves in hot pres

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi, was trying to find the filling loop for heating system. While doing this , I fiddled with all the valves in the hot press (must be about 6 of them). Now I'm not sure if I've done something wrong, and haven't got them in the right positions, anyone can throw light on what they are for and what position they should be in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

sasser wrote: »
    Hi, was trying to find the filling loop for heating system. While doing this , I fiddled with all the valves in the hot press (must be about 6 of them). Now I'm not sure if I've done something wrong, and haven't got them in the right positions, anyone can throw light on what they are for and what position they should be in

Firstly, whats the problem with the system since you were fiddling with the valves?

You will need to post a pic of you're hot press and describe which valves you were fiddling with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

haven't a camera, will try on phone and see if it's any good. Was trying to top up heating system, pressure a little low but nothing major. Have figured out what 2 of the values are for by process of elimination - one is hot feed to taps and one is cold feed to taps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

One will be for hot water coil in, another for hot water coil out I'd imaggine.
    Google the model if you know it, you can usually find a manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

it's a common problem !!!

father_dougal.jpg

+
    redbutton.jpg

=

nuke-300x201.jpg

Advertisement