Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour replacement results look grey

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    When I want to use the colour replacement tool to change a colour from one to another, the resulting colour is always washed out and grey looking. Am I missing something that allows the replacement colour to be the exact same as the colour I want it to be?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Cianos wrote: »
    Hey,
    When I want to use the colour replacement tool to change a colour from one to another, the resulting colour is always washed out and grey looking. Am I missing something that allows the replacement colour to be the exact same as the colour I want it to be?

Many thanks

What "colour replacement tool" ? What package are you using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    What "colour replacement tool" ? What package are you using ?

Oh yeah, forgot to include that! I'm using Photoshop CS5. It's when you go Image > Adjustments > Replace Colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Zoom in on the area to be replaced and see if it's an actual solid colour; it's probably not, as in if you take a pic of a "white" wall the lighting and shadows will result in multiple variations of grey.

If so, you need to select the area and then use the Gradient Map function to preserve the lighting and shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Zoom in on the area to be replaced and see if it's an actual solid colour; it's probably not, as in if you take a pic of a "white" wall the lighting and shadows will result in multiple variations of grey.

If so, you need to select the area and then use the Gradient Map function to preserve the lighting and shadows.

Thanks v.much for the help. But I think this may be getting in to a level of expertise with photoshop that I probably won't be able to get! I had a mess about with it but don't quite understand what I'm doing. I'll do some more research when I get the chance.

Thanks again

Advertisement