Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Treatment Table

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Just decided to open a thread to keep track of latest injuries and possible return dates etc.
    Gallas Hamstring 26 Dec 10

Jenas Calf/Shin 28 Dec 10

Huddlestone Ankle 12 Feb 11

Niko Hamstring Jan 11

King Groin Unkown

O Hara Back Injury Training

Woodgate Groin/Pelvis Training

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Jonathan Woodgate is back in training and could make a shock return to action before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

kakee wrote: »
    Jonathan Woodgate is back in training and could make a shock return to action before the end of the season.

End of the season or end of the year? I wouldn't be too shocked if it's before the end of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

SuprSi wrote: »
    End of the season or end of the year? I wouldn't be too shocked if it's before the end of the season!

Surely season? End of the year is the game on Sunday like.

Be nice To see him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If it is the end of the season we're far better releasing him imo. We're long past the stage where we're missing him, and I dont think he would start even if he gets fit. I'd say he's on >50 grand a week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Know primary purpose of thread is to keep track but - Have been questioning whats causing all the injuries as we seem to have had so many. Is it the training regime, the extra CL games or just pure bad luck. Any thoughts.

Mine thinking is that the training regime has to have something to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭alco.29

A lot of hamstring injuries too. Lennon just back from one and van der vaart suffering with them since he arrived! Btw cant believe i only found this thread now...coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

alco.29 wrote: »
    A lot of hamstring injuries too. Lennon just back from one and van der vaart suffering with them since he arrived! Btw cant believe i only found this thread now...coys!

yeah the similar injuries add weight to the training issue theroy

welcome btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Bad luck I reckon. Too many experts involved these days to say that it could be down to training regime, or I hope so anyway.

Other big clubs have had similar injury experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Bad luck I reckon. Too many experts involved these days to say that it could be down to training regime, or I hope so anyway.

Other big clubs have had similar injury experiences.

If only this was the case. Its quite a contentious issue at the moment amongst strength and conditioning coaches. Many of the fitness coaches are regarded as old school and not conditioning the players properly for the demands of the game. Aerobically fit but without the adequate strength and mobility in the common sites of injury.

Houllier,s regime at villa resulted in a big increase in muscle injuries, he introduced double training sessions.
    Too many intensive training sessions and not enough recovery is a recipe for disaster.

This guy is a controversial character but is on the pulse in my opinionhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9256151.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

talk of woodgate going on loan to get games under his belt. harry said that n said woodie seemed happy with the idea

win win situation

• Advertisement

O' Hara came through training today with the reserves unscathed. Should be back to full fitness so in 2-3 weeks, welcome return.

Update from Thudd's twitter (10-Jan)

Back from holland nothing dodgy about my trip! Was to see the surgeon who performed my operation! All going to plan but another 5 long weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Update from Thudd's twitter (10-Jan)

Back from holland nothing dodgy about my trip! Was to see the surgeon who performed my operation! All going to plan but another 5 long weeks

What is thudds twitter address love that guy we are a poorer team without him he can add a nasty streak to us when teams try to bully us and he's the only one that will do it captain in the making.

What is thudds twitter address love that guy we are a poorer team without him he can add a nasty streak to us when teams try to bully us and he's the only one that will do it captain in the making.

http://twitter.com/thuddz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Bout as nasty as a kitten!

Looks like Ledley is out for the rest of the season after aggravating a groin injury in training yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Apparently it was with the last kick of the ball in training too. Reckon this spells the end of the King?

I think it should. I know King is a brilliant defender, but we need to start thinking about a defensive pairing for the immediate future, and in my view that's Dawson and Kaboul. These two need to be played together as often as possible and unless unfit, should always be considered our main defensive duo. If not Dawson and Kaboul, then Gallas and one of them so that the other can learn from Gallas. The constant questions over whether King will come back into the team can't help the existing, fit defenders.

I think it should. I know King is a brilliant defender, but we need to start thinking about a defensive pairing for the immediate future, and in my view that's Dawson and Kaboul. These two need to be played together as often as possible and unless unfit, should always be considered our main defensive duo. If not Dawson and Kaboul, then Gallas and one of them so that the other can learn from Gallas. The constant questions over whether King will come back into the team can't help the existing, fit defenders.
    Well it will free up a space in our squad of 25 I'd imagine

Becks went down injured this morning, worries over how Galaxy would react, turned out to be a blister... lol

• Advertisement

O'Hara and Woody came through 45 minutes today
    Good news - Jonathan Woodgate and Jamie O'Hara both back from injury and played 45 minutes for our Spurs XI v QPR this afternoon.
    from twitter
    It was Woody's first action since November, 2009. We won 9-2 - Keane (2), Gio (2), Mason, Kranjcar, Byrne, Dawkins, Luongo on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hatch99 wrote: »

Bad news indeed. I think we've missed his accurate passing in some games.

Kaboul ballixed now too. Big loss as I thought he was doing very well when he got a few games on the bounce a while back.

Tottenham Hotspur defender Ledley King is to undergo an operation on his groin on Wednesday.

The club's defensive problems continue to mount as manager Harry Redknapp confirmed he is "nowhere near" being able to play.

Younes Kaboul has today (Tuesday) undergone surgery on his right knee.‬

‪It is anticipated that the French defender will return to training in four weeks.‬

Luka Modric has undergone surgery to remove his appendix.

The Croatia midfielder was diagnosed with acute appendicitis after contacting our medical staff complaining of abdominal discomfort and is likely to be sidelined for around two weeks.

Our squad just got very small in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

If Luka is out of the San Siro we need to play 2 defensive midfielders in there to avoid what happened against Inter, YBB & Fulham. Even a 1 goal deficit is looking good at this stage?

Terrible blow losing our best player at this juncture.

• Advertisement

:D

As for Pienaar... the other South African [Bongani Khumalo] thought his head was the ball and knocked him unconscious in training."

Advertisement