Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey In Waterford this Christmas

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Anyone know much about our Turkish community here in Waterford? I know a few business's are Turkish run, there's a barbers and a kebab shop isn't there?

I wonder do they go home for Christmas or celebrate it here? Happy Christmas to them all anyway....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

They are too stuffed to travel so they stay here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Christmas trolls are alive and well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Here's the season to be trolly,
    lala lala , lala la la

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

newportwex wrote: »
    Anyone know much about our Turkish community here in Waterford? I know a few business's are Turkish run, there's a barbers and a kebab shop isn't there?

I wonder do they go home for Christmas or celebrate it here? Happy Christmas to them all anyway....

The Turks are generally Muslim....so I doubt they celebrate Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

jimbojazz wrote: »
    The Turks are generally Muslim....so I doubt they celebrate Christmas

Ah I didn't realise that, it's fascinating though. Must be a large enough community of them in Waterford, you'd never hear a peep out of them though, nice people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Ah I didn't realise that, it's fascinating though. Must be a large enough community of them in Waterford, you'd never hear a peep out of them though, nice people.

You obviously don't read the papers.....

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/turkish-national-appears-in-connection-with-kebab-shop-stand-off-474938.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Yeah there is also a place on Barrack Street thats Turkish run. Not sure if there are many of them though as someone suggested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Yeah there is also a place on Barrack Street thats Turkish run. Not sure if there are many of them though as someone suggested

Oh go way, would you have a rough estimate on the amount of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Am I the only one who thought this thread was about turkeys in Waterford as in the ones you eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Oh go way, would you have a rough estimate on the amount of them?

9001 I reckon.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Well there is two Turkish barbers,and one Turkish tattoo parlour,and two Turkish kebab places.So there is probably a few of them living in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

40 of them on Facebook:

rJxoH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

How many speak Irish?

No such option as Irish, Gaelic or Gaeilge available in "FB Ads / Targeting / Advanced demographics / Languages spoken" menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Its good to know that 68,280 people in Waterford can speak Pirate and upside down,could come in handy :)

Quite a few of them pirates here:

English (Pirate): 100
    English (upside down): 20

• Registered Users Posts: 9 trueman100

Funfair wrote: »
    that guy is not turkish .he is kurdish far as i know.i spoke to him several time.also he has irish citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 trueman100

i had a turkish neighbour he is a hard worker.also even thy r muslim they do celeberate xmas and he even bought us xmas gift.they r not extreme muslims as iraq or afg.

Advertisement