Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for route to Donegal town from Dublin

Options
  • 22-12-2010 1:21pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Leaving the capital early Friday afternoon heading to Donegal town in a small car.

Not worried about making it in a particular time, but which route would be safest, or have the least crappy bits?

Thinking Mullingar - Carrick etc because of the amount of motorway, but what about the route the bus takes, via Cavan, or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

avoid Enniskillen, the roads anywhere north of it are v bad apparently, especially Pettigo. Sligo might be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's a post here that may be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

We are also hoping to go to to Donegal (Bundoran) from Dublin tomorrow and debating over which route to take. The N4 seems to be the best option but trying to get onto it from Dublin 15 is the problem.
    I wouldnt be keen on the Enniskillen road, not great on a good day!
    Have you decided on you route yet?

Safe Journey to all!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Our plans changed and I came up a day earlier (today) by bus. The bus went the N3 which wasn't bad at all, but we ended up taking 6 1/2 hours because of slow drivers and a madness of traffic getting in and out of Enniskillen. Without that I'd say we could have done it in 4 1/2.

Advertisement