Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Know You Are A Football Manager Addict When.............

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Slattsy wrote: »
    You think of tactics, formations etc during sex !!

(There's too many to say)
    Lmao, i like FM and all but I cant say i've ever done that ::P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When you have trained you eyes to follow the ball in the match at the highest speed.

Probably related but my eyes now unfocus for a second some times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Whilst reading this list you have football manager open in another window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

While doing the Promenade walk in Salthill, you think to yourself (as manager of Salthill Devon):

"If I could just land Ben Webster for central midfield, I'd own this city!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

when the club you support sign a new player you never heard of so you check his stats on FM to see if he is any good & whats his future potential, including a scout reports etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 davidc9546

When you're able to give a response to this thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

You Google your latest unheard of signing

So you know what he looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

You make up a fake playing career for your character.

You make up a fake playing career for your character.
    On this,
    If, when you take over a club, or switch club mid career, you photoshop a picture of yourself in the club jersey/colors to make it more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

You decide to save the game and go off and have a think to yourself as to whether Brian Shelley is really the man to solve your weak area at right-back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I remember a few years back on another forum a lad documenting how he got dressed up in a suit just to play a FA Cup final on FM. :D

I remember a few years back on another forum a lad documenting how he got dressed up in a suit just to play a FA Cup final on FM. :D
    It was you wasnt it!

Come on, you can tell us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

When a manager in the game says somehting bad about you, you carry the hatred onto real life :mad:

Zola and Allardyce said my team wouldn't win the league, ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

When you are after spending about 15 hours over the past 3 days writing down on paper, your Liverpool team and sorting out training schedules even for the blokes who are never gonna make it :( Havent even played a game yet :D

Oh and I still have to put them into their training schedules :(

IvySlayer wrote: »
    When a manager in the game says somehting bad about you, you carry the hatred onto real life :mad:

Zola and Allardyce said my team wouldn't win the league, ****!

Fat Sam talking utter guff? Pretty true to life right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

You can easily convince yourself playing FM in lectures is reasonable study for your management module.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

The one that gets me most, being shocked how young a player is IRF because they're in their thirties in your game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

When you see all of the comments in this thread as being completely normal.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

When you giggle like a school girl when you manage to get a squad player to like you :o

Also, when you feel a sense of pride and togetherness when some of your staff leave with you if you get sacked or if you resign. We're in it together brothers!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

When you win the Champions League with Bolton!

And..when you remember the wasted potential of a young Freddy Adu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Hahaha! I need to read this!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 johnf1004

when you have a goal in a big match ruled out for offside and you have your head in your hands ...followed by a quick glance to make sure no one else is in the room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

johnf1004 wrote: »
    when you have a goal in a big match ruled out for offside and you have your head in your hands ...followed by a quick glance to make sure no one else is in the room

And if you do get caught and your friend asks whats wrong? instead of telling the embarrassing truth, you say "i just go an email saying my Cousin just died!". :cool:

If your team is going down the drain this could possible be your 5th cousin to die this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

When you break your laptop due to a loss.

Gillington wrote: »
    Hahaha! I need to read this!

It was on the Football365 forums. I'd say it's long since lost to time at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

When you continue playing FM08 until two days ago because you want to win the World Cup with Brazil in 2022 having won the league/Champs League and the two cups (apart from a year or two) for 15 consecutive years and establshing Manchester City as a dynasty who's youth team feeds the first team and is never stuck for money....then deciding you want to win the Euros so you resign from Brazil and plump for Italy, who are awesome. I figure I can get through the two years in afew months...then I'll buy FM12 hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barrybo

When you win the champions league with Cork city after years of attempts! 15 years of LOI titles before I managed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jam08

when a team signs someone for big money and you have a little chuckle and remember how you bought him for half a million in one of the older games!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

barrybo wrote: »
    When you win the champions league with Cork city after years of attempts! 15 years of LOI titles before I managed it!

When you're watching a City match, and when a player misses, you turn to your buddy and say 'Would've scored that on Football Manager' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

When you play it at work :O

Advertisement