Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Know You Are A Football Manager Addict When.............

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

When you start a new game and it takes 4 hours for you to progress past the first day such is the dedication you have to building up a complete plan for all aspects of the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

lol from last night; when you disregard your scout's recommendations because 'you know best'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

When you convince yourself that sorting out your away form is far more important than studying for college exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

When you gain real emotional attachment to your players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

When you lament players from an unchecked 'Use Real Players' database aren't real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

when it says on the commentary bar, 'his manager's got his head in his hands', but you don't see it because your head's in your hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

When you fall asleep thinking of the pounding you'll give Villa when next you meet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

When you refuse to sell / free transfar what has become essentially a useless and unfit 35 year old valued at 400k on 80k a week because he's been a servant to the club for the last 12 years and you've built up a digital "relationship" with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

RMD wrote: »
    When you refuse to sell / free transfar what has become essentially a useless and unfit 35 year old valued at 400k on 80k a week because he's been a servant to the club for the last 12 years and you've built up a digital "relationship" with him.

Feck that I had a 19 million pound 33 year old at my club and he wanted 500k a week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Where can I get this FM game

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

...when you are studying for your digital workstation exam and you read the abbreviations FM, FC and AM as Football Manager, Centre Forward and Attacking Midfielder.

They actually mean frequency modulation, frequency carrier and amplitude modulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Where can I get this FM game

Link?

Computer game stores? :confused:

or Steam of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

When you see a player doing well on motd and immediately start up fm to check him out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    When you see a player doing well on motd and immediately start up fm to check him out

When you already have FM open, cause you don't switch it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jake93

When you have twenty days game play and your only in your 4th season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

When you start imagining the back pages, it's worse when you create them: :p

nonleaguepaper.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

When you get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside when your entire first team is available with 100% condition.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

When you beat Man Utd 3-0 without having a clue how to play the game properly

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

When you offer Phil Jones €105,000 a week with Liverpool and when he agrees terms you cancel the transfer to get back at him for snubbing your club in real life. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

When you have to take a break from the game in order to give you time to decide whether to take a new job offer or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

you start getting heart burn when on the verge of winning something.

3 hours of your life goes like 10 mins

you begin to hate players in real life cos of something they done in the game.

you question real life managers tactics and use fm to say what you would have done.

When you've spent 16 days of the last two months playing one save file... :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Yawn it's late, I'll just get this easy game out of the way, lose 1-0 FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU, I have to win next game to stay in contention, lose 1-0, FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU, maybe a change of tactic or I'll take a look for a new striker, this guy is OK but stats are incomplete, I'll scout him/ offer trial and then go to bed. Get scout report, OK, I'll sign him, start bid/ contract negotiations, play match in between, he refuses to sign, start search again, play another match................ It's daylight FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

When you haven't got a clue what day/week/month it is :/

spirit_77 wrote: »
    When you haven't got a clue what day/week/month it is :/

or you forget the 2016 European Championships aren't happening right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

You have to replace your mouse several times due it being smashed to bits after another bad result :o

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

when u have two leaving cert exams tomorrow but your too busy reading this thread to care!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

you play your country's national anthem before a international game :/

spirit_77 wrote: »
    you play your country's national anthem before a international game :/

LMFAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Karl96

when youre on here posting a reason!

Advertisement