Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Know You Are A Football Manager Addict When.............

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

You forget that the Europa League is not called the EURO Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

you change the names of all the tournaments to their real names

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The only thing on your mind during an important day at work is your far more important six pointer/ big cup/ big European game as soon as you get home.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

A good friend of mine is often called Lars because the first time he introduced himself to a group of people that would eventually become our good mates he claimed his name was Lars Poulsen, which of course was the name of a regen player that was the star of his team in FM. Five years later and it still wouldn't be uncommon for someone to jokingly refer to him as Lars.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

there are starting line-ups in formations on the back of all your work stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

You walk/drive around pretending your being interviewed about your current club's state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You record yourself on garageband questioning and answering the in-game press conference questions :o

When you tell your manager your not going to tidy up at the end of the day because it's not going to benefit your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

When you do the imaginary handshake and salute to the fans at the final whistle of every match :)

Voltwad wrote: »
    When you do the imaginary handshake and salute to the fans at the final whistle of every match :)

I do that too...

and wave my arms frantically and swear when the ref turns down a penalty appeal :pac: I'd get so many fines from the FA if it was real life :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When the referee is clearly in favor of the opposition team causing you to lose the match, in the post match conference you start calling the ref a "fùcking shìt bastàrd" every time they ask about how he influenced the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

...it's 3.30am and you're in contract negotiations with Robbie Savage to play for your Blue Square Bet South League team for 350 quid a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭talla10

At a cup final you walk down the stairs to your living room imagining your leading your team from the dressing room after giving a truly inspired team talk!! As you walk down the stairs you ignore the tv camera focused on the job ahead give the fans a few waves to increase the volume and pump them up...all the while forgetting you're not home alone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

when the new stadium is named after you (really)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

When you do imaginery press conferences with yourself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

When you keep re-loading a game in the Jan transfer window to get in that "star player"

Actually I love the transfers and salary negs more than the football!

Love seeing how much I can get them for.

Its got so bad, I wont sign a player now unless he is show as "believes he would be a quality signing" "premier division" or is "almost as good as x player and potential to be better!"

Anyone who is a good signing for a league one side - i pass on

(Unless he is a really nailed on wonder kid)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

When you bring the laptop to the toilet with you incase you miss out on that star player on deadline day! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

When you hear a players name mentioned as playing for his real club, Gareth Bale for example, at Spurs, and think "thats not right, he plays for Manchester Utd now!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

when you feel guilty showing up hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

have suited up for cup finals while in college,

wearing your suit coat on cold european nights in champions league,

but most of all you know you've been playing too long when your watching u17s football and know at least half the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I was looking in the bathroom mirror this morning conducting an interview with myself :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 IVIada

When a player adds you to his personal favourites!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You have the champions league on the TV but five minutes after it you can't remember a single thing that happened in the game because you're playing FM.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Getting mixed up between real life squads and fictional squads, like someone said about Gareth Bale playing for United.

Watching QPR v Chelsea the other day, I said to my brother "Is Wilshere playing?".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

when you come from behind to beat City 3-2 in the 93rd minute jump up and punch the air ripping the headphones out of the socket at the front filling the house with the noise of the crowd roar (mixed with some foo fighters) and scare the **** out of your girlfriend and her parents who are in the sitting room with you.

or when i come down to play a few games and tap the roofy bit half way down the stairs as if it was your team crest

when you get really excited about a new formation and how it will work really well and really make every one of your players unstoppable and everything seems to click but when you try and enter them into the game you realise you have 11 outfield players. try the formation with a slight change and lose the next game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

You have won the EPL 11 times straight on FM09 with Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 EoinOCall

When you stroll up and down your room in a suit thinking your in the middle of a real game.

Talking your way through the press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

when u spend hours looking at players in every individual club in scandinavia just

to sign a few young players That will never make your 1st team but will.... make

a handsome profit when sold to a championship club a season or 2 later:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

When you tell yourself at 7.30 you will just play for an hour and the next thing you know its Friday!

• Advertisement

When you fall asleep playing it, and your first instinct upon waking up is to check if you've won or not...

>_>

from my own experience this morning

funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme-150x150.jpg

Advertisement