Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring Speed on Eircom router?

• 22-12-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi guys,

I'm on a 3 mb connection with eircom and recently the wireless router got pretty beaten up so I decided to swap it for one that my Dad had at work but was no longer using. I noticed my speed drop to 2MB and thought it was just eircom being crap as I'm well used to at this stage. However when I check the router settings the speed says 2048/256 (kbps) which I'm pretty sure is what my Dad had when he used to use it. Is there any way to update it to me new speed or should I go back to using the old damaged router?

Advanced Thanks.

Gerry.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The user doesnt have any control over that statistic. It merely reflects how you are syncing with your isp. Some routers are better than others at dealing with iffy lines and that may be whats going on in your case. You could try turning the router off and on again to see will it get a better sync.

Advertisement