Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlebar to Belmullet road

Options
  • 22-12-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Anyone know how the Castlebar to Belmullet road is at the moment? Bad enough road in good conditions but with the weather i'm wondering how will it be to drive on Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone know how the Castlebar to Belmullet road is at the moment? Bad enough road in good conditions but with the weather i'm wondering how will it be to drive on Friday?

a fella who works with me drove it today. ill let you know tomorow how it wAS WHEN I ASK HIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

According to AA roadwatch:

"Extremely icy conditions on the Castlebar/Belmullet Rd (R312)"

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ranleth

Supposed to be heading up near Belmullet tomorrow too. Any update on the conditions or should we put it off until closer to the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the update from the fella i know said it took him 2 an a half hours.

the general road conditions were poor.

a small bit of a thaw on with more surface water/slush about so beware of this as its going to lead to extra ice tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mikeoh

Have to go from Ennis to belmullet in the morning...should I go headford road or via claremorris ......and once I hit castlebar ...ballina or cross country. What are roads like??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

mikeoh wrote: »
    Have to go from Ennis to belmullet in the morning...should I go headford road or via claremorris ......and once I hit castlebar ...ballina or cross country. What are roads like??

Go Headford, Castlebar, then cross country via Keenagh and Bellacorick. Roads should be fine tomorrow morning. Be aware (if you are staying around Belmullet) that it is likely to be one of the most affected places by the potential storm forecast for Monday night into Tuesday - but it is still too early to tell whether that weather system off the coast will develop into anything of particular significance.

Cheers ..only staying one nite so hopefully stay ahead of storm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MOD NOTE: Please don't open old threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you go via Headford, you will have to navigate Galway City. If it were me I'd go right at the Carrowmoneash roundabout. And follow the Tuam/Sligo signs on to Claregalway. Go right at Claregalway onto the famous N 17. Then on to Tuam, Claremorris and Castlebar. Take the ring road around Castlebar and look out for R 311 Newport/ Belmullet.

That's perfect....couldn't make up my mind thanks again

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: Please don't open old threads.

Why??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mikeoh wrote: »
    Why??

Because its in the rules. Read the charter.

Advertisement