Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Hibernates

Options
  • 22-12-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

The snow flurries in Dublin seem to have kept the Greyhound Recycling trucks snugly in their traps.

While the City Council black bin collections have rolling along more or less on schedule the Greyhound trucks have gone into Hibernation. Their call centre lassie told me that it is left up the drivers to decide whether or not to venture out.

When I said that the Council were working, buses were working, the milk tankers were working, grannies in their Puntos were going work, why not Greyhound?

She just kept repeating that it's left up the drivers to decide whether or not to work.

It happens that there is a penalty clause in their contract with the Council which can be enforced if they don't measure up to Terms and Conditions.

I am going to be emailing the Council at dublincity.ie/reportit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

I have to disagree, our black bin wasn't collected in the snow 2 weeks ago. Our green bin was collected then and again this morning.
    So no problems with Greyhound as far as I am concerned.
    I live in Whitehall Dublin 9 by the way

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my greenbin is due to be collected tomorrow, its jammed so they better turn up

we had weeks of this crap last january, where the city council could pick up the black bins but the roads were impassable for the greyhound:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Condatis wrote: »
    The snow flurries in Dublin seem to have kept the Greyhound Recycling trucks snugly in their traps.

While the City Council black bin collections have rolling along more or less on schedule the Greyhound trucks have gone into Hibernation. Their call centre lassie told me that it is left up the drivers to decide whether or not to venture out.

When I said that the Council were working, buses were working, the milk tankers were working, grannies in their Puntos were going work, why not Greyhound?

She just kept repeating that it's left up the drivers to decide whether or not to work.

It happens that there is a penalty clause in their contract with the Council which can be enforced if they don't measure up to Terms and Conditions.

I am going to be emailing the Council at dublincity.ie/reportit.

But but but... I thought the public sector are baby eaters and the private sector are demi-Gods so how the hell did this happen???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

they have just picked up my bin

Advertisement