Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City to Mizen Head

Options
  • 22-12-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Would be grateful for any info regarding the state of the roads in West Cork. Was planning on travelling from Dublin today, but have decided to stay put. Hoping to make it tomorrow, feel I'll make it to Cork alright, but not so sure about West Cork, through Clon, Skib, Ballydehob, Schull and beyond! My mother made the journey yesterday in a 4X4 and said it was pretty hairy. What's the weather like along the route today? Any sign of gritting? Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

West Cork is frozen solid, you'd be mad to go down there for anything non-critical.

Sister's miserable down in Baltimore, water pipe between there and Skib is gone. Some xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Can anyone update me on the condition of the road from skibb to goleen today?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Psychobabble

I've decided not to travel, mainly because of the roads out of Dublin. However, my brother travelled from Skib to Goleen yesterday and said that the road was fine as far as Lowertown (just outside Schull) and icy from there to Goleen.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I heard this evening that's it's very bad west of Leap.

Advertisement