Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant access boards on Smart

• 22-12-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭

Hi all, For some reason I cant access Boards on my Smart telecom connection since today. When I try to access boards it says "Google chrome cannot find the page". Anyone having similar problem? On a friends connection to post this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

iMuse wrote: »
    Hi all, For some reason I cant access Boards on my Smart telecom connection since today. When I try to access boards it says "Google chrome cannot find the page". Anyone having similar problem? On a friends connection to post this.

Have you tried another browser? Could be a chrome brain fart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Have you tried another browser? Could be a chrome brain fart.

Yeah tried firefox, brought my laptop to my neighbours on eircom and it works fine with chrome so its not that.

Maybe smart have blocked boards because there have been so many people complaining about how crap they are on here?

Best solution? Ditch smart, get magnet or upc.

Can you even ping boards.ie? Are any other sites experiencing problems with your connection?

Haha maybe, unfortunatly I cant get UPC otherwise I would be gone by now. Yeah i tried pinging from command prompt and it wouldnt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Haha maybe, unfortunatly I cant get UPC otherwise I would be gone by now. Yeah i tried pinging from command prompt and it wouldnt

Then try ipconfig /flushdns to empty your DNS cache lookup in case it's gone funny. After that you may want to try a different DNS server to test such as Google' at 8.8.8.8

• Advertisement

Just to report back, must have been an issue on their end cause its fixed now :)

Just to report back, must have been an issue on their end cause its fixed now :)

[tin foil hat] I reckon they saw the thread and knew we were on to them![/tin foil hat]

:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Changing your DNS to OpenDNS or Google equivalent might've sorted it out.

Advertisement