Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas day dinner

Options
  • 22-12-2010 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

looks like its only me and my da gonna be around for xmas day. rest of the family away. does anyone know of any hotels or restaurants that are going ot be open for dinner? both of us are useless in the kitchen so its either beans n toast or eat out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The Raddisson is the only place I know of. Usually about 80 a head tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

cook yourself a chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The hotels should have it.
    I think Courtyard by Marriott on Headford Road are open.
    Also check with Galway Bay Hotel and Ardilaun.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Hodson Bay do a lovely dinner, so would imagine Galway Bay do too. Get there early and you can have a beer in the bar....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

biko wrote: »
    The hotels should have it.
    I think Courtyard by Marriott on Headford Road are open.
    Also check with Galway Bay Hotel and Ardilaun.

A few years ago I was looking too as I was moving house. We found that a load of places did dinner up to Christmas but closed on the day. After ringing them all, only options were Raddisson and a charity dinner out from the city. It would be great if there were more places, but I don't think so. Let usnknow if you find more OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

1 Go to a supermarket and buy yourself two of the most upmarket looking heat-and-eat dinners you can spot. (Try M&S, rather than Dunnes!) Also by some prepared dessert stuff, and the beverages of your choice. On Saturday, just follow the directions.

And

2 Enrol in some cooking classes in the New Year. Every adult worthy of the name should be able to prepare at least a basic meal. Forget the "useless in the kitchen" bollox: if you're intelligent enough to use boards.ie, you're intelligent enough to learn to cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

JustMary wrote: »
    if you're intelligent enough to use boards.ie...

Hmm...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

2 Enrol in some cooking classes in the New Year.
    I didn't even know there was such thing.... cooking is just following instructions, you'd have to be a bit of a mong not to be able really.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

1 Go to a supermarket and buy yourself two of the most upmarket looking heat-and-eat dinners you can spot. (Try M&S, rather than Dunnes!) Also by some prepared dessert stuff, and the beverages of your choice. On Saturday, just follow the directions.

And

2 Enrol in some cooking classes in the New Year. Every adult worthy of the name should be able to prepare at least a basic meal. Forget the "useless in the kitchen" bollox: if you're intelligent enough to use boards.ie, you're intelligent enough to learn to cook.

Great post. I love it cos its true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

In fairness. I'd be adventorous enough in the kitchen but tackling a Turkey is something I'm not so sure about. Some day maybe! Luckily my mammy will cook it this year! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Wompa1 wrote: »
    In fairness. I'd be adventorous enough in the kitchen but tackling a Turkey is something I'm not so sure about. Some day maybe! Luckily my mammy will cook it this year! Yay!

Never mind the full yokes, get the prep done for you. Boned & Rolled or something it's called? Slap it in the oven for a while and viola! nyom nyom nyom

Advertisement