Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking with Good Beer

• 22-12-2010 4:39pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know this is more suited for the Cooking & Recipes forum but I figure I'd get more interesting responses here.

So do you any of you'se cook with any of the more unusual beers discussed on here?

Tried stew with a bottle of Clotworthy Dobbin last night and it turned out lovely.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I love a beef stew with Schneiderweiss Aventinus.
    I've also made a chicken casserole with Hommelbier.
    People rave about beef with Guldenband but I've not tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Usually stick a bottle of beer (doesnt matter what brand) in Chilli when I make it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

c - 13 wrote: »
    Usually stick a bottle of beer (doesnt matter what brand) in Chilli when I make it

I made chilli tonight as well and only had Guinness and Clotworthy in the fridge. Ended up finding a bottle of Budweiser cooking lager amongst the parents "Christmas supplies" so used that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I used a bottle of Sam Adams Boston Lager in a honey and mustard marinade a while ago, it was really nice, although I think it'd work better with a nice flavoursome ale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

irish_goat wrote: »
    I made chilli tonight as well and only had Guinness and Clotworthy in the fridge. Ended up finding a bottle of Budweiser cooking lager amongst the parents "Christmas supplies" so used that.

I think it was a can of Amsterdam Lager I put in my last batch, wasn't bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Wouldn't put Budweiser near anything I would ingest, would ruin the meal for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

irish_goat wrote: »

I put a couple bottles of guinness in chili sometimes when I'm feeling flush, tastes great. On a sidenote wouldn't use cans when cooking just in case, did try it once and the dish tasted tinny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Made some chili with Fullers IPA last night, delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

I've made a carbonnade of beef with Orval a few times now. It's really tasty. It's from a book called an Appetite for Ale by Will and Fiona Beckett which is a great book for cooking with beer and matching beer and food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

• Advertisement
Advertisement