Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy hard drive

• 22-12-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'm getting the same error on occasion of 'this disk is dirty, please wipe yadda yadda yadda'.
    Unfortunately it's happening on games that are on my hard drive and not on disk. Is there a chkdsk utility or something to see if your drive has a fault?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

duploelabs wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

I'm getting the same error on occasion of 'this disk is dirty, please wipe yadda yadda yadda'.
    Unfortunately it's happening on games that are on my hard drive and not on disk. Is there a chkdsk utility or something to see if your drive has a fault?
    try clearing the cache on the hard drive, usually clears strange issues like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

your DVD is on the way out. even if the games are stored on the hdd xbox needs to check if the game disc is present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

docentore wrote: »
    your DVD is on the way out. even if the games are stored on the hdd xbox needs to check if the game disc is present.

It's not from games that I've installed from a disc, It's games and content that I've downloaded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's not from games that I've installed from a disc, It's games and content that I've downloaded
    Try what ive said

yeah just tried that there, unfortunately the war office came home so I have to find some time later tonight to see if that worked. Thanks

• Advertisement

ok tried clearing the cache, no joy. Will download the file again and see if it still happens

Advertisement