Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips For Playing Against 5 Star Teams Online

Options
  • 22-12-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone offer me some hints or tips for playing against people that use 5 star teams online?

I always choose my own team now (Sunderland) and have been beaten quite a bit by the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United etc.

I usually line-up with a 4-1-3-2 formation:
    Gordon

Onouha Turner Mensah Richardson

Cattermole

Al-Muhammadi Riveros/Reid Henderson

Bent Gyan
    Is this the wrong sort of formation to use against such good teams?

Basically anything at all you can offer me would be greatfully appreciated as I'm sure you'll know how sweet it is getting one over the 5 star teams.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

5 star teams are quicker , stronger better passers and better finishers . Play a defensive formation and try and catch team on counter attack .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

5 star teams are quicker , stronger better passers and better finishers . Play a defensive formation and try and catch team on counter attack .
    Yes this is basically all you can do. In fifa 10 I used to always play as man city who were 4/4.5 stars at the time, and unsurprisingly I played Real/Barca/Chelsea nearly all the time, so I made a formation with 5 defenders, 2 holding mid fielders, 2 wingers and a CF with high pressure tactic on. It worked alot of the time actually and I would call it cheap as I only did this when they picked the same old teams. Maybe try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've found a counter attacking 5-3-2 to be effective.
    Gordon

Onouha Turner Mensah Bramble Richardson

Al-Muhammadi Cattermole Henderson

Bent Gyan
    I beat Barcelona 3-2, Real Madrid 2-1, Manchester United 2-0 and lost 1-2 to Inter Milan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Tinie wrote: »
    Yes this is basically all you can do. In fifa 10 I used to always play as man city who were 4/4.5 stars at the time, and unsurprisingly I played Real/Barca/Chelsea nearly all the time, so I made a formation with 5 defenders, 2 holding mid fielders, 2 wingers and a CF with high pressure tactic on. It worked alot of the time actually and I would call it cheap as I only did this when they picked the same old teams. Maybe try that.
    Ill do out a formation then to explain what I mean like the other posts:
    Given

Richards | Toure | Kompany | Lescott | Bridge

Barry | De Jong

SWP | Johnson

Tevez

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The amount of messages I've had calling me a ''cunt'' from my opponents when I beat their 5 star team is unreal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Tinie wrote: »

I wouldn't have thought you'd have to play defensive with Man City.

Advertisement