Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33x is it running on time?

Options
  • 22-12-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I'm going back to work tomorrow for first time this week after having the flu. I normally get the 33x in Rush at 8.20am. Just wondering if they are running to normal service in the morning. Don't want to be waiting in cold when I'm not 100%.

I could check the Dublin Bus website but the last time it snowed I found it wasnt accurate.

Thanks
    Larko

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The Dublin Bus website can only really tell you what they intend running. In current conditions, it's the same for everyone. If you get stuck in a queue somewhere behind a vehicle that cannot move, you have to wait your turn (certainly in a bus - I guess some vehicles can turn round and try alternative routes). I was stuck for about 30 minutes this morning between Lusk and Blakes Cross for that very reason

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I understand that Beasty but I guess what i'm saying is have the regular 33x buses been going in the mornings over the past few days. I don't really mind them being delayed on the journey into town, I understand that.

From what you said I assume they have been running. After the last snow, the website said the 33x was running normally but it didn't show up 2 days in a row for me and a few others at the stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I normally use the 33X but have been getting the train this week after my wife took 4 hours to get home on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

Got the bus this morning. No problem, on time too. Not many on it. Driver made announcement that there will be no 33x tomorrow at all.

May be old news but just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I am a regular 33x passenger - one thing I noticed at the Custom House stop is that they have updated the information, BUT, there is no reference to the 33x! There's still a 33x sign on the stop at the bottom of Dawson Street left over from the old route from St Stephen's green. Vigilance from X-ers is needed.

Other than that - the big problem for the buses between Skerries and Loughshinny is Curkeen Hill. Spoke to some of the regular 33 drivers at Skerries Railway Station and they said the 33x comes out early in the morning from the city to the Mournveview terminus - they are not based in the bus garage at the railway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement