Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Card query

Options
  • 22-12-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

I have a laser card and have a daily limit on it. I was just wondering does anybody know if there is a limit if you use the card in shops? I am planning to do a good bit of Xmas shopping tomorrow and was wondering can i use it as long as i have the funds in it or will it eventually get declined.

Looking forward to a quick response

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I paid my insurance before on laser 1000 plus i had that in the bank,so i assume along you have it in the bank you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Cheers for quick response. I just don't want to go into shops and be told at checkout that it is being declined when i do have the funds in my account to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I think there is a daily limit, set by your bank... I had a problem putting a deposit on a car last year, I think my limit was around €1200, AIB.

A bit vague, I know, best to ring your bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I stuck just under €1,800 on it last week. I had the funds and it was initially declined. It was then broken down into two transactions and went through.

Was nothing to do with Christmas, no way I'd spend that kind of cash on Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK the limit is €1500 per transaction, but as monkeypants said, if you break it into two transactions it could go through.

I had that problem a few years ago when we were buying my engagement ring, but it went through ok in 2 transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Toots* wrote: »
    AFAIK the limit is €1500 per transaction, but as monkeypants said, if you break it into two transactions it could go through.

I had that problem a few years ago when we were buying my engagement ring, but it went through ok in 2 transactions.

your engagement ring cost more than €1500 :eek:

My father put an 11,000 euro car through on multiple transactions, the dealer did it frequently enough - it seems most banks don't restrict how many transactions you can do in a row. That was Ulster when they still did Laser mind.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oh, forgot to mention OP, make sure you know your PIN (I know everyone's supposed to know it anyway). It's surprising how many retailers are still bypassing the pin and getting people to sign for transactions, but if you're looking to break up a large transaction they won't do it unless you have your PIN. (Unless they'r insane ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Supermarket tills wont be able to do trans in 2 parts, once all products are scanned. Make sure you stop after half the shopping and pay or they will have to re-scan everything.

Advertisement