Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser burn - fix?

Options
  • 22-12-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Inexplicably moved me xbox whilst mw2 was inside there,game still loads but i will then get the unreadable disc error, nice circular scratch on it. been reading google saying that games retailers can fix it but gamestop are adamant it cant be fixed?
    is it fixable or do i have to buy a new one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Not really sure why people call this laser burn, as its not like the laser burns a groove into it, more carves one into it. But anyway back to the point, i know GAME does CD/DVD repair but Gamestop dont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Smyths do it aswell I've been told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Not really sure why people call this laser burn, as its not like the laser burns a groove into it, more carves one into it. But anyway back to the point, i know GAME does CD/DVD repair but Gamestop dont

wheres the 'no thanks to the first start but thanks to the second part of your post' button

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

May Feign wrote: »
    wheres the 'no thanks to the first start but thanks to the second part of your post' button
    Lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Sorry to tell you, i think its unfixable, same thing happened to me recently with black ops, keep the 360 on its side in future, ists such a dose when this happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Sorry to tell you, i think its unfixable, same thing happened to me recently with black ops, keep the 360 on its side in future, ists such a dose when this happens

Totally right, practically no fix if its proper laser burn.Also happened to me with black ops, really pissed off cause normally install games I know I'll play for a while. Thing to do is get either a loan off a friend or rent the game, install it on your hd and use the scratched disc to load up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 conor_ire

Gamestop have started doing a fix for it. They will take the scratched disc from you and replace it with a new disc. It costs €8. They said they started doing it last week. Had it done today with one. Seems like a fairly sweet deal and they said that the replacement disc is insured against any damage for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Zombie thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Might be still good for people to know.

I had my RockBand disk lazer burned and I got it "repaired" with that maching in GAME. Works like a charm now!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

anyway back to the point, i know GAME does CD/DVD repair but Gamestop dont

I got this done in game on 1 of my games and after it the disc looked spotless BUT it still would not work and I could basically see my hand through it! I think the guy left it on in the machine for too long.
    Thing to do is get either a loan off a friend or rent the game, install it on your hd and use the scratched disc to load up.

This will be the best thing to do, get a lend or rent a copy of the game, install it too the HDD and use your scratched disc to run it from then on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement