Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TiVuSat / Italian FreeSat

• 22-12-2010 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Anyone have a TiVu sat box?

Just wondering what channels are currently available and what the advantages of a TiVu box over a standard FTA box are.

Anything to watch out for? what size dish do you have? model of decoder to go for etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭denis1501

Tivu'sat channels are here:

http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-tivusat.php

I-Can is the best model decoder IMO

http://www.tivu.tv/sat/prodotti/149/150/0/Decoder.aspx

80 cm dish required in Ireland. Card comes with decoder and needs activating. This can be done online.

Standard FTA box will not decode anything scrambled so obviously major advantages using this box.

regards
    D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply.

Looks good, I had come to the conclusion that I'd need a 78cm-88cm for good signal in bad weather.

Does the I-CAN box do HD and PVR functions?

I was thinking of the Humax HD-5400s as i have a Humax for English FreeSat and have found it very good, was hoping would be similar interface\remote so would be easier for people to switch between the two.

I'm interested to know why you favor the I-CAN, and if you have any experience of the Humax which is supposed to be "new".

Incidentally do you have any idea of the price for the various boxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭denis1501

I hadn't spotted that new Humax model if I'm honest! It is new and looks a nice bit of kit indeed and would be superior to the I-CAN model I recommended earlier. It's €155 on one store I've found.
    I'll leave dish size for hotbird to the experts, obviously the bigger the dish the better but I've used an 80cm in Cork for years with no real issues.
    regards
    D.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Might not be a concern, but if you were to have two Humax boxes in the same location, would there be a possibility of remote control conflict on a few features between the two receivers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

byte wrote: »
    Might not be a concern, but if you were to have two Humax boxes in the same location, would there be a possibility of remote control conflict on a few features between the two receivers?

My existing Humax (FOXSAT HDR) has a feature to allow you change the remote code, I think there are 6 possible codes so you could have up to 6 different boxes side by side. Not sure if the TiVu Sat model has this feature but I'm covered anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

HappyHarry wrote: »
    My existing Humax (FOXSAT HDR) has a feature to allow you change the remote code, I think there are 6 possible codes so you could have up to 6 different boxes side by side. Not sure if the TiVu Sat model has this feature but I'm covered anyway.
    Ah, grand so. Handy feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 blueflag

Looking at the possibility of getting an HD sat receiver to pick up Astra 2 and Hotbird using Disecq. Wondering if anyone had any experience of Fuba HD sat receivers. A UK company is offering them with an activated Tivusat card.

Advertisement