Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

please combine 5th gear and topgear..

• 22-12-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

hears why ,plato and needle can drive properly ,butler hendersons sexy voice, the 3 lads in topgear for all the funny stuff,
    watching 5th gear is just not fun but it has somthing ,i wish they would stop there pathetic attempts at copying topgear and just join forces and make a 2 hour motoring spunkfest.just call it that motorspunkfest..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I hope they dont do this. Clarkson and the lads can drive well, certainly not going to set the world alight but certainlty better than 99% of us. 5th Gear is dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I hope they dont do this. Clarkson and the lads can drive well, certainly not going to set the world alight but certainlty better than 99% of us. 5th Gear is dire.
    they had tiff needel on last week putting the stars in the car tru there paces now that the stig is gone , so im happy enough with that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

+1

Iv tried so many times to get into 5th Gear but damm the show sucks ass. It feels so cheap with the lame phone in competitions for 2nd hand cars, the reviews sucks and the so called comedy segments never hit the mark. Tiff was great in original Top Gear but now just harps on about power sliding around corners and the rest of the presenters just have zero charisma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I like the races Tiff and Jason have the two of them are nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

No fcukin way....... Tiff is OK but the other two are tragic imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Vicki butler Hendersons Voice Really really Really Irks me.

and that Plato Fell just Irks me in General, didnt he et chucked off Top Gear for being Rubbish?

and Tiffs Nasal Voice, Fuppin Irritating, 5th Gear seem to have stuck with the original Top Gear Formula of being a factual and informative program about Everyman cars, wheras Top Gear, and primarily Clarkson Realised where the Show needed to Go and delivered a high quality entertainment program with some Stuff about Cars.

but hey, if you really really want to see the utter bowels of TV motoring programs, I remember the last time I was home there was some Sky program called 'Vroom Vroom' No seriously thats what it was called, I caught part of an episode where they were reviewin the Xtype Jag Diesel estate, one of the 'Tests'was how far away could you still hear the Stereo :rolleyes:

So I say to all those people bagging on top gear, have you seen the alternatives???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't mind 5th gear at all, I know it's got advertising undertones to just about everything it does but that's just a channel 5 thing. Other than that it's an alight car show. Now bare in mind I don't watch tv and only catch 5th gear when I come across them on the internet. I'm not over run with sky shows to compare against.

I think that Vicki butler Henderson one is great in the show, there's something very sexy about the way she gets excited about driving cars fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

No way Clarkson and co are rubbish drivers whereas Plato is an excellent driver as with Tiff the problem is they have no carisma unlike the top Gear lads who are modern day incarnations of Victor Meldrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think that Vicki butler Henderson one is great in the show, there's something very sexy about the way she gets excited about driving cars fast.
    +1
    She is someone that I quite like, despite the fact that she isnt what one would normally call good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Max Power1 wrote: »
    +1
    She is someone that I quite like, despite the fact that she isnt what one would normally call good looking.

I think she is a minx.

• Advertisement

but hey, if you really really want to see the utter bowels of TV motoring programs, I remember the last time I was home there was some Sky program called 'Vroom Vroom' No seriously thats what it was called, I caught part of an episode where they were reviewin the Xtype Jag Diesel estate, one of the 'Tests'was how far away could you still hear the Stereo :rolleyes:
    vroom vroom the Aldi of car shows, utter utter shte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Vicki butler Hendersons Voice Really really Really Irks me.

Especially the way she builds up a sentence then breaks it back down. Every fcuking sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I do watch Fifth Gear - but Plato gets on my wick big time - I actually can't watch him and forward through anything he drives, so it irks me when he gets his hands on an Aston cos I love to see those on these shows........I used to enjoy Tom Ford, but he appears to be gone from the current series of Fifth Gear - wouldn't like to see them combined..........

Fifth Gear is for the cars we can afford, Top Gear is the guide for when I win the Lotto!!!:D

DB9 for Monday;
    Cayman for Tuesday;
    430 for Wednesday;
    6 Series Coupe for Thursday;
    Audi Q7 for Friday (shopping and all that!);
    Carrera GT for Saturday
    Volante for Sunday (in case it's sunny!).........
    911 for Sunday (in case it's raining :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bob Engineer

i not like 5th gear...

the style of presenting the car quite boring for me...

i not like 5th gear...

the style of presenting the car quite boring for me...

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,502 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

clarkson is a crap driver. Even some of the comments he makes about the people drivin the reasonably priced car show he has little understanding.
    Anyone can slide a car on a runway. Clarkson is in no way accurate when sliding the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I enjoy watching Tiff and Jason driving cars more so than when Clarkson and the others do. I really feel I can judge a car and see how it is really performing and be entertained by watching the drivers push the cars around a track on 5th gear more so than TopGear.

I don't think I'd like to see the two combined. But it would be nice to see some of the lads from 5th Gear on TG! :) Also a bigger budget for 5th gear would be nice too.

Advertisement