Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jamie Redknapp Top Top Poster Award - Please Vote!

• 22-12-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭

i'll be drip feeding these over the next few days, but get voting!

you may leave comments as to why in these threads obviously, but nothing nasty. the 'abuse' rule in the charter still applies.

i'm going to leave them open until at least Jan 1st, maybe later depending on when we get the polls for each one up.

also, i've just put in these polls those nominees that got more than one nomination, so as to keep it refined enough. this is unless there aren't many nominees for a certain award, at which point we'll simply put out the nominees.

have fun!

anyway...
    The Jamie Redknapp Award for 'Top Top Poster'

Jamie-Redknapp_1074784.jpg

Nominees:

Mitch Connor
    Tom_Brady (formerly known as Archimedes)
    Kess73
    SlickRic
    eZe^
    flahavaj

Simple...whose the top top poster?! 119 votes

Mitch Connor
    0%
    Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    21%
    mikeymBogdeisedevilyabadabadoJulezmerlinsmerrymanracso1975s_carnageGillingtonxw2lj9uspm1eyhflahavajHank ScorpioSlickRicmiralizenicklauskijaykay74TheZohanSJax Teller3hn2givr7mx1scnullzero 25 votes
    Kess73
    21%
    FenixSeanehpickarooneyJazzyNecronomicon[Deleted User]NailzGLaDOSXavi6The VoltDouble CFrisbeeDozen Wicked WordsSK1979curry-muffIvySlayerLukker-JohnnyRyan99shano_88Aidric 26 votes
    SlickRic
    9%
    micksilovelamp2000HokiDrumStevejenno86monkey9Sir Gallaghereverdead.ieHandsome BobGlico ManWashington Irving 11 votes
    eZe^
    31%
    Pepe LeFritsChucky the treelordgoatIagoBrian017Chardee MacDennisMitch Connorhomerjay2005RikandDr GalenMars BarPro. FBlowfishjebidiahPeyton ManningredzerdrogAverage-RoJohnerM5K-9 38 votes
    flahavaj
    15%
    RasTaKoldgimmickziggyA Dub in GlasgoiregkJPAOPENROADROCKMANdfx-genericgoonSantryRedLamper.sffcDolph Starbeamtitan18redoutUsh1The Floyd pBig Pussy Bonpensiero 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

flahavaj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    poll is in...

you were too quick!

it takes a few seconds to get the poll on apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

eZe^
    Has to be yourself Slick.

In regards to my own nomination, all I do is post slightly-amusing one liners and poorly crafted MS Paint-works. An award like this should always go to someone who actually posts insightful posts related to the sport and good, solid opinions that are backed up. While I appreciate the nomination, there are others who are far more deserving.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

eZe^
    Tom_Brady wrote: »

In regards to my own nomination, all I do is post slightly-amusing one liners and poorly crafted MS Paint-works. An award like this should always go to someone who actually posts insightful posts related to the sport and good, solid opinions that are backed up. While I appreciate the nomination, there are others who are far more deserving.
    You also get negative points for changing your nickname and confusing the elderly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

SlickRic
    This is worse than the choice between Fianna Fail, Labour and Fine Gael.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

eZe^
    I do lurk quite a bit and also post occasionally but I have to say I have never read a mediocre post by Slick Ric. Always gives insightful analysis followed up with thought provoking opinions and a very articulate poster. Handles his moderation duties with a deft touch as he nips trouble in the bud before it spills over. A top, top member of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    I don't post much but i spend quite a bit of time everyday on the SF. I find that almost all of the posters in the list are sound people. It is very hard to select the best.

That said, i chose Mitch as not only is a good poster but also because of the Polls he's been running in the United thread and the match threads. It takes an awful lot of effort to run it and hats off to him for putting in the effort. Cheers Mitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

eZe^
    For me it has to be SlickRic when he first started posting I thought this guy just agrees with everyone to try and fit in and lick up to the regs BUT I couldnt have been further from the truth he is actually a very good poster and they are few and far between on here these days.

Also eZe is always worth reading but doest post enough to win it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Has to be Flah. Frequently great poster on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Tom_Brady wrote: »

I know but I wasn't nominated. I should have nominated myself I suppose.;)

Seriously though , All nominees would be deserving of the award , Archie is a shoe in for another award so I gave my vote to Flah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

flahavaj
    Defo eZe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    Mitch only person i'd add to list is frisbee even though i deeply dislike his choice of team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Toughest choice so far. Any out of 4 of the 6 could have got my vote, but flah edges it for his man of the match performance in the West Ham carling cup thread. Flawless night's posting.:pac:

Honourable mention for SlickRic infiltrating the United thread and fitting in so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What the hell am I doing on this list?:eek:

Jeepers H Christy I even got a few votes. Just goes to show that there are a few drunk people online at all times. :D

As the only person on the list with a Scouse accent, I would like to let all know that if anything gets nicked from your car tonight that it was not I, and Manager Kess was nowhere to be seen either. If formation layouts and a teamsheet consisting of half the Belgian league get found at the scene it will be totally coincidental.

Let it be known that I will have a water tight alibi, and I will most likely try to frame any posters from Tipperary for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

flahavaj
    Kess73 wrote: »
    What the hell am I doing on this list?:eek:

Jeepers H Christy I even got a few votes. Just goes to show that there are a few drunk people online at all times. :D

+1

I've never even heard of you until now :p

OPENROAD wrote: »
    +1

I've never even heard of you until now :p

Nice car. :D

GUN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

flahavaj
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Nice car. :D

GUN.jpg

:D I might vote for you, who do you support?

OPENROAD wrote: »
    :D I might vote for you, who do you support?

Two dogs, a few birds, and a cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How many nominations do you need to be on the poll? Reason I ask is I nominated somebody who is not there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    Voted Mitch

I read a lot more than I post and am a United fan so in that forum most! He never talks ****e and is never caught not knowing what he's talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

flahavaj
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Defo eZe.

Literally..

Avoiding the EPL 'superthreads' and match threads pretty much guarantees this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

flahavaj
    This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kess73
    Out of this lot, Archie, could only imagine some of them have been nominated because of their dedications to their respective super threads...
    My second choice would be slic.

Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    Mitch for me, even though i nominated Archi.

his dedication to the MOTM thing in the Utd thread is admirable, plus the way he puts across his grounded opinions is refreshing.

i can always rely on an honest United perspective from him on anything.

plus his knowledge of reserve and youth team team matters is brilliant.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

:mad: Oh he will be waiting for you in the superthread.:mad::mad::mad:

Went for Flah as I think he is an excellent all round poster, and one who can have a bit of banter as well as getting into some pretty good discussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    I think I take the p*ss a bit too often to be up for this tbh , but thanks to anyone that voted. I'll stick with my nomination of Mitch as he's gone out of his way this year with the MOTM thingy. All the other lads are also great posters and people who's posts I always go out of my way to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

flahavaj
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Out of this lot, Archie, could only imagine some of them have been nominated because of their dedications to their respective super threads...
    My second choice would be slic.

Agree about the super threads.

I would go Archie as he seems to have good knowledge about a fair few leagues but he's a United fan so Eze!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

eZe^
    SlickRic,

Always backs up his opinion with some well thought out posts, a bit to kind to United as a Liverpool fan though.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

SlickRic
    Always enjoyed Daithijj's posts i don't think he's been posting much lately though. I'll opt for Kess after that.

I propose the winner should get an all expenses paid day out for the United-v-Liverpool FA cup match accompanied by none other the Mr. Alan and The Muppet :pac:

Always enjoyed Daithijj's posts i don't think he's been posting much lately though. I'll opt for Kess after that.

I propose the winner should get an all expenses paid day out for the United-v-Liverpool FA cup match accompanied by none other the Mr. Alan and The Muppet :pac:

As a bonus, if it there is a replay at Anfield, I will fly over to take the winner and The Muppet for a guided tour around my old home town. ;)

Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    Johner wrote: »
    SlickRic,

a bit too kind to United as a Liverpool fan though.:P

when the time comes, believe me, i can be a smug cúnt.

4-1 at OT brought out the worst in me all that time ago.

maybe not in here, but certainly in real life.

Flah, great poster.

Followed closely by Slick

Tom_Brady/Archimedes
    bump!

just in case some haven't voted, all welcome!

i'll throw up a few more awards over the next couple of days.

Advertisement