Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lou Macari Award for Most Biased Poster - Please Vote!

• 22-12-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭

and so we continue...

we've narrowed this down to 4 candidates...
    The Lou Macari Award for 'Most Biased Poster'
    lou_macari.jpg?w=630
    Nominees:
    Mr Alan
    Homerjay2005
    Le King
    BERBA
    the choice is yours...and keep it clean!

Who's Lou? 96 votes

Mr Alan
    0%
    Homerjay2005
    72%
    RasTaRaskolnikovgimmickThe MuppetlordgoatIagoyom 1ziggyBrian017A Dub in GlasgoBogmicksd22ontouriregkdeisedevilrorychomerjay2005eventDayshaRikand 70 votes
    Le King
    9%
    JazzyMars BarOPENROADJohnerSpud83doncarlos3hn2givr7mx1scCSFBenimar 9 votes
    BERBA
    17%
    Pepe LeFritsSeanehsuper_furryXavi6redzerdrogFrisbeeK-9PanthroDeeper BlueLukker-JohnnyRyan99Nuri Sahinshano_88GavRedKingRoboClamkarma_The Floyd p 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

I think its quite unfair to Compare Mr Alan with the likes of BERBA... I lurk around here a lot and i have never found Mr Alan posting biased comments in the United thread... To be fair to him, he always provides insightful posts and is always up for a good debate if his posts are challenged. He is also gracious enough to accept defeat. He's one of the better rival posters.

To compare him with the likes of BERBA who just winds people up and takes cheap digs at rival supporters with his insensitive posts while disappearing when spurs are doing badly - is not right imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Le King
    Why are votes all public?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Homerjay2005
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    Why are votes all public?

why not?

everyone should be able to stand over their vote.

Homerjay2005
    goddevil wrote: »
    I think its quite unfair to Compare Mr Alan with the likes of BERBA... I lurk around here a lot and i have never found Mr Alan posting biased comments in the United thread... To be fair to him, he always provides insightful posts and is always up for a good debate if his posts are challenged. He is also gracious enough to accept defeat. He's one of the better rival posters.

To compare him with the likes of BERBA who just winds people up and takes cheap digs at rival supporters with his insensitive posts while disappearing when spurs are doing badly - is not right imo

i know what you mean, and i agree, but there are different kind of bias.

this doesn't mean to say that they equate in terms of quality in their posts, it's simply comparing them in terms of how biased they are; which is very different.

you'll notice that Mr Alan wasn't nominated for shít-stirrer as proof of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Le King
    SlickRic wrote: »
    why not?

everyone should be able to stand over their vote.

More so in the **** stirrer category though, some might get the hump, just a thought anyway.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was just about to say something similar to Slick. I don't think saying someone is biased is necessarily bad - you can be biased but still be a very good poster. Mr Alan and homerjay2005 are quite biased but are also two of my favourite posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Homerjay2005
    I mainly stick to the LFC superthread so Mr. Alan gets this by a mile.

I think "Ludicrous" is his first name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Le King
    I was just about to say something similar to Slick. I don't think saying someone is biased is necessarily bad - you can be biased but still be a very good poster. Mr Alan and homerjay2005 are quite biased but are also two of my favourite posters.

Homerjay2005 is a great poster, but I do laugh at his bias.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Homerjay2005
    Mr alan. He'd told me his dna is liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Homerjay2005
    goddevil wrote: »
    I

chri$t i've been there in the good times and bad as a spud , whats this about disappearing?:confused: bit harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

at the risk of breaking one of my own rules, what the fook is all this ****

seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Homerjay2005
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    More so in the **** stirrer category though, some might get the hump, just a thought anyway.;)

It's only a bit of a laugh, I doubt anyone's going to take the hump over it, I certainly won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Never saw Mr. Alan as biased at all to be honesty! Well, maybe a little, as we all are, but not enough to constitute being nominated for this prestigious award - BERBA walks this one for me.

And Lou Macari is biased, but couldn't hold a candle to this man;
    paddy_crerand.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Homerjay2005
    Alan Benitez :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

not sure Mr. Alan belongs on this list. Bias implies a lack of logic and a complete lack of recognition of possible alternatives. Mr. Alan has his opinions and fights them but if you engage in a reasonable discussion Ive found that he can see a valid point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Homerjay2005
    Is there some way we can get a minus 1 on the Mr Alan count? I accidentally voted for him while browsing on the phone - my fingers must be getting fat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is there some way we can get a minus 1 on the Mr Alan count? I accidentally voted for him while browsing on the phone - my fingers must be getting fat...

Who were you voting for? Someone who was going to vote for Mr Alan can vote for your guy therefore leveling it.

Homerjay2005

i don't think so, but i can take it into account at the end.

who do you want to vote for instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Homerjay2005
    SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't think so, but i can take it into account at the end.

who do you want to vote for instead?

TY, was going to vote for Le King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Homerjay2005
    Voting for Mr Alan in the most respectful way possible, he's a great supporter of his team who always backs up his views with good arguments. Theres nothing wrong with being biased in favour of your team tbh,I miss him a lot around here, when Mr Alans is posting life is rarely dull. He should really be in the Best Poster as well actually and have his ban cancelled or something. Make him use a Utd Sig for the duration of his ban instead.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Poll is missing redout. I shall not vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

TY, was going to vote for Le King.

Thanks, bud :)

Homerjay2005
    bump!

just in case some haven't voted, all welcome!

Advertisement