Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor PAYG to Bill Pay, best option?

Options
  • 22-12-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm interested in getting a HTC Desire on Meteor, and am wondering what the best way to go about it is.

As far as I understand it, in order to keep your own number you have to go in to the shop to do the switch over. But if you do so, you can't avail of the lower monthly rate (ie you have to pay 35/month instead of 30/month). However, when you go in to the shop you can get the phone for €20 less.

Am I correct so far? What would anyone recommend as the most cost effective way?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭jlang

The meteor website won't let you "move" to Meteor Bill Plan from Meteor PAYG (or bill pay lite, etc), but I think they can do it over the phone.
    (On the website you get as far as select your existing network and can't select meteor.)
    You should be able to get the website rates too as you are effectively a new bill pay customer who would have done it over the web if you could, but you may have to make that argument to the sales person.

Advertisement