Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill O'Herlihy Award for Most Successful Shít-Stirrer - Please Vote!

• 22-12-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭

his face alone should tell you exactly what we're looking for in a winner for this category.
    Bill O'Herlihy Award for Most Successful Shít-Stirrer

bill_o_herlihy_caricature.jpg

someone who just loves to throw in the most general, random, sometimes unfounded, biased comment that will throw the people he's communicating with into chaos.

it's an art-form, and without it, where would we be?! a lot less discussion, that's where ;)
    Nominees:

BERBA
    Brewster
    Flahavaj
    The Muppet
    enjoy!

but again, charter rules still apply...

whose the premiere artiste?! ;) 107 votes

BERBA
    0%
    Brewster
    67%
    RasTaFenixHelixKoldsionnachEKRIUQlordgoatBrian017ziedth28064212homerjay2005[Deleted User]DayshaNailzthorbarryAnCapaillMorMars BarGLaDOSracso1975Vic Vinegar 72 votes
    Flahavaj
    8%
    DempseyziggyA Dub in GlasgoPauloMNbobbysands81OhNoYouDidn'tDolph Starbeam3hn2givr7mx1scd.anthony 9 votes
    The Muppet
    24%
    Bounty Huntersuper_furrypickarooneyfolangimmickapplehunterNecronomiconMitch ConnorRikandtolosencSeantheManXavi6dfx-M5Gavin "shels"BERBALamper.sffcshano_88pistolpetes11GavRedKing 26 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Muppet naturalment, I'm slightly surprised that Flahavaj is in the list, I must keep missing his "finest" moments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah flahavaj shouldnt be on the list.
    biggest troll award eh? only one winner really :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Brewster
    I never thought i'd nominate him for anything but berba it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Flahavaj
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Jazzy wrote: »

I'm touched by you vote Jizzy , and to think you nearly had me conviced I was **** at it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

No doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Brewster
    BERBA for me,dont show your face in the City thread again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Muppet
    Went Flah - he is good for stirring up an argument, but a decent one where he'll actually make points. Think the others are more trollish in their stiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

billo : x in the city here is disappointed he didn’t get a mention, is that controversial or what Liam?

Liam: well billllllllll, he has quite a reputation on here billlllllllllll, i think some posters believe he talks a lot of $hit billllllllllll, but also he seems to be stubborn and

Billo: eamon what do you think of this...

eamo: i lived until i was sixty five years babyyyyyyyyyy!

Liam: well billlllllllll, x does say some meaningful things most of the times, he needs to be given more respect billllllllllllllllll!!

eamo: He's a good poster - not a great poster

billo reclining @ 180 degrees: okey doke we gotta leave it there folks, happy Christmas and god bless

oh x in the city

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Muppet
    Think Berba will win and nominated him but I'd say flah would love to be boards Bill O'Herlihy so he got my vote :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

How conno isn't on the list with all the spazz outs he caused on the united thread is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

keane2097 wrote: »
    How conno isn't on the list with all the spazz outs he caused on the united thread is beyond me.

it shocked me too, but he wasn't nominated; or at least not enough, to merit inclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Whoever wins this "award" should be banned, not acclaimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Brewster
    Berba - I have never seen a more biased poster. If Spurs get beat, we were lucky/refs favoured us. If a team is doing better than Spurs he spends all day trying to rile the fans up.

If a team has done worse he rubs in their face all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Brewster
    It can only be BERBA.

If I secure the much sought after Man City vote I'll consider it a good year's boarding. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think The Muppet is the most successful Berba is no were near as successful as the muppet at **** stirring, I did vote for him as most biased though in the other thread

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The Muppet
    I don't understand this award. Is there supposed to be entertainment value attached to this 'art' or is it just an award for acting like a prick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Brewster
    I don't understand this award. Is there supposed to be entertainment value attached to this 'art' or is it just an award for acting like a prick?
    Creative trolling award.

its one of those big holes in the soccer forum that when addressed got the "you're too sensitive" response from the mod(s)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Flahavaj
    Its easy to see that alot of people have never dealt with Brewster.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Berba isn't a troll, too easy to spot.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

its one of those big holes in the soccer forum that when addressed got the "you're too sensitive" response from the mod(s)

i'm going to deal with this here now, then if you have any issues, PM a mod.

this is bollocks.

people will only get advised that they're being 'over-sensitive' if a post isn't actually report-worthy, and if it's simply being reported because it goes against the norm of thinking.

or if a poster repeatedly reports posts that are simply controversial.

a Utd supporter giving a different point of view in a Liverpool forum is not a report-worthy post.

riling them up with no basis for your arguments, or an unwillingness to discuss an issue is.

it's a fine line, but if a post actually is report-worthy, it gets read, judged on, and dealt with.

again, PM if there's any big issue here.

also, for the record, this isn't a trolling award.

there's a huge difference between stirring a bit of debate, or maybe a bit of shít, and trolling the shít out of a forum.

that's the fine line we all know is walked here. there's no ambiguity there. if we started banning people for alternative opinions, this place would be a fúcking horrendous place to be.

backing up a difference of opinion, and being willing to back it up in a discussion no matter what is the key here for shít-stirring IMO, which is why i went for The Muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Muppet
    Hasn't the Muppet pretty much jumped the shark? His brand of trolling has gone so mainstream and become so obvious that no-one falls for it now.

Imo BERBA is a shít stirrer but not a successful one.

The Muppet is King and gets my vote.

I also enjoy Muppets posts though, Berba's not so much. Not much substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Muppet
    It's got to be Flah because I can respect a shit stirrer who does so without actually appearing to be one. A healthy dose of intelligent posts that are completely twisted to fire a dig is worthy of recognition.

Obvious trolls are obvious, subtle trolls are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Brewster
    Ah I'm confused. I voted for Berba because I think he makes the soccer forum a less enjoyable place to be. I'm sure there are worse than him around (I suspect Brewster is but I never have to deal with him).

I sympathise with anybody who has to put up with a troll in their favourite threads. Subtle, overt, idiotic - they come in many different flavours, all of them shìtty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I voted for the muppet cos **** it I can't think of any of the others posts.

I would likea vote to see whether we can permaban the next person who mentions netspend/gross spend in the liverpool thread.

SlickRic wrote: »

also, for the record, this isn't a trolling award.

there's a huge difference between stirring a bit of debate, or maybe a bit of shít, and trolling the shít out of a forum.

that's the fine line we all know is walked here. there's no ambiguity there. if we started banning people for alternative opinions, this place would be a fúcking horrendous place to be.

backing up a difference of opinion, and being willing to back it up in a discussion no matter what is the key here for shít-stirring IMO, which is why i went for The Muppet.

Thanks , I think:)

I was actaully going to make that point earlier.

I appreciate some people see my posts as trolling, Trolling to me is posting any crap just to get a reaction, I honestly don't do that.

If I have an opinion on a topic which I know is not the generally held opinion I will post that with the full knowledge that it will most likely get a reaction. I don't see any good reason to water down my opinions just to pander to over sensitives who struggle to cope with anyone who posts differing opinions than their own.

I use the same posting style in the United threads as I do in the Liverpool ones.

I fully accept that my posts on soccer tend to stir ****, I do not accept that I am a troll. I'm happy that you see the same distinction, I,m even happier that I appear to have secured the Liverpool vote.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Dempsey wrote: »
    Its easy to see that alot of people have never dealt with Brewster.....

Im polling very badly here... I reckon my poor pollling says more about the people who nominated me......!;):D

Brewster wrote: »
    Im polling very badly here... I reckon my poor pollling says more about the people who nominated me......!;):D

I never heard of you but you can have my vote if you want.;)

The Muppet wrote: »

Id say very few have heard of me The Muppet...!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Aw **** its a TROLL OFF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Flahavaj
    I voted for you Brewster but you never stood a chance here as your stirring is Celtic thread specific - I don't think you even post on other threads!

The Muppet wrote: »

No point in Berba running away with it, so gave you a vote The Muppet......:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Brewster
    berba, but i voted before the word "successful" actually registered properly

i dont think many of his efforts can be classed as successful, more cringeworthy, but he sure is prolific

i think the muppet succeeds more than berba in reeling them in

Brewster wrote: »
    No point in Berba running away with it, so gave you a vote The Muppet......:D:D:D:D

I don't read the celtic thread very often but I must pop in now to have a look at your work.;)

There is another way at looking at it, perhaps you're so good they can't bring themselves to vote for you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Brewster
    I voted for BERBA simply because of the excessive use of "ye".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Brewster
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I voted for BERBA simply because of the excessive use of "ye".
    I voted for him because apparently spurs have "gave football lessons" to many of "ye" this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

The Muppet
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I voted for him because apparently spurs have "gave football lessons" to many of "ye" this year.

here's hoping we have a white xmas and 9 points over xmas period

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Flahavaj
    Oh look, Brewster's colour on the graph is blue... how apt. ;)

I think 4th place in this poll should have their user name changed, by the majority consensus of all those who voted for that person. I already have a few names in mind.

bump!

just in case some haven't voted, all welcome!

Advertisement