Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Dublin City has nothing for News Years Eve, its a disgrace. Dublin Tourism are a joke. This could be a huge occasion for the city & we have nothing.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

lods wrote: »
    Dublin City has nothing for News Years Eve, its a disgrace. Dublin Tourism are a joke. This could be a huge occasion for the city & we have nothing.:mad:

agree with this. its shocking really. Londons fireworks looked the business and would be great to see here.

All we had was the ringing of the bells at Christchurch, its a great tradition for some people i know that but a fireworks display would get a lot more people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

OisinT wrote: »
    Dublin is usually mental on NYE. That's why I never go out. Don't know where people are going that is quiet really.

And mental, it certainly was. Temple Bar was heaving. I was pleasantly surprised to not be charged a cover anywhere we went though and that the drinks were, if anything, cheaper than they normally would be of an evening.

Happy New Year, everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Hi everyone. I was thinking about coming to Dublin for New Year's all the way from sunny Mediterranean coast. So if anyone has any suggestions where to go that night...? :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my advice would be to stay where you are.

Dublin does not celebrate NYE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

_Lola_ wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I was thinking about coming to Dublin for New Year's all the way from sunny Mediterranean coast. So if anyone has any suggestions where to go that night...? :)

Party in my place....... Bring your friends!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

_Lola_ wrote: »

One of the best nights of the year for robbing people's houses, but the worst night out of the year for anything else. Everywhere is packed full of drunk arseholes. As usual yes, but in this case it's been topped up by those who might not drink that often and will end up celebrating the change of year by puking all over the toilet floor.

House parties are the way to go. Take frag up on his offer

My friends and I had a cracking night out in Temple Bar last New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Only thing I have seen so far is "Living After Midnight" at The Pint on Eden Quay. €5 in with DJs and cover bands both catering for the heavier end of the music spectrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Barryfromhome

check out www.dublinnewyearfestival.com
    I have heard there is also an outdoor event going on in city centre, details are yet to be announced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't go out NYE because no babysitters but had stopped going into town years ago anyway. Just used to have (or go to) or go down the country somewhere quiet.

All we used to do was just get in early to one of our usual pubs and stay there basically.

I'm getting out of town this New Years as well.

Going to Vegas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Looks like there will be a more organised event on college green. They mention a show of lighting and pyrotechnics but they don't explicitly say there will be fireworks. Does anybody know for sure if they will have fireworks this year or will it be the same old lame ****e?

Advertisement