Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW/ICE CLEATS

Options
  • 22-12-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

want a few pairs of these . any good deals out there?

walkingonice.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

IN dun laoghaire shopping centre today trespass had a special shop open just selling them (across from golden discs not the usual trespass shop), big queues too €30 a pair. The sports shop right next door had different ones for €25 I thought €25 was a lot but they are £20 on amazon and get reasonable reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Get-Grip-Everyday-Traction-Large-XLarge/dp/B002LWDCE6/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1293219418&sr=1-1&searchContext=B002LWDCE6,B00447F7CG,B001CZJBC0,B001CZJBCU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Out and About on talbot street sell them for 30 euro,i didn't get to try them until yesterday but damn they work. I walked on ice no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I got them online from sweden ebay for around 10 euros delivered last snow fall. cant link as I am not at home but will later if need be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Camping shop on Capel street selling a couple of different pairs but at €30 a pair I wouldnt call them a bargain. That said I reckon we have not seen the end of the snow this winter. Still have all of January and February to come so probably worth the investment. I went with the snow studs over the cleats.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

daytob wrote: »
    I got them online from sweden ebay for around 10 euros delivered last snow fall. cant link as I am not at home but will later if need be

Details??

Tnks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is there any brand that people particularly recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Is there any brand that people particularly recommend?

The ones I got are called stabilicers.

US made.

Website is 32north.com

Advertisement