Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation that this is correct? MAC/ACL

• 22-12-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭

I've just configured by old BT Voyager router to restrict access to approved MAC addresses only and all seems to be working well. (Have also changed my SSID and stopped broadcasting it!)

I'm not able to access my router (192.168.1.1) via my wireless connection now - is this normal? Surely once my laptop is on the ACL, I should be able to connect directly to the router?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

silly question, but you did put in both the wireless mac address as well as the wired one didn't you?

i'd expect it to not work at all if you haven't got it in the ACL, but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭homer911

Thanks. Got it working wirelessly from my laptop after a router reboot. I have a wired PC that I didnt add to the ACL as this function is listed under "wireless" on my router so it didnt seem necessary (and it does still work)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

homer911 wrote: »
    Thanks. Got it working wirelessly from my laptop after a router reboot. I have a wired PC that I didnt add to the ACL as this function is listed under "wireless" on my router so it didnt seem necessary (and it does still work)
    you're right, i was thinking of the static dhcp table i have on mine.

i blame the medication. :)

Advertisement