Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roast potatoes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Nigella's tip for yummy roast potatoes is to do as everyone else said (par boil 7/8 mins, drain, cover saucepan with lid and shake to rough them up a bit), then shake a tablespoon of semolina flour onto potatoes, shake again to coat them, add a little more semolina to coat them all, shake and then place each one into a pan of sizzling goose fat, baste with the fat and cook in a very hot oven for 40 mins, turning them once.

Tried that recipe recently and they were lovely and golden and crispy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

any have a good way to make really good roast potatoes? also can i have the turkey and the potatoes in the oven at the same time, not the same tray obviously.

rub some olive oil on peeled roosters, into the oven at 220c and bobs your uncle

jamie_oliver.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Following advice on this thread, and my first time to ever make roasties... they were absolutley perfect and went down an absolute treat!!! :D I followed Jukes post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

ChewChew wrote: »
    Following advice on this thread, and my first time to ever make roasties... they were absolutley perfect and went down an absolute treat!!! :D I followed Jukes post :pac:

OMG the pressure,

what if they'd been a disaster :pac:

hope you all enjoyed

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

juke wrote: »
    OMG the pressure,

what if they'd been a disaster :pac:

hope you all enjoyed

it really was a risk as I didn't make any mash so you're lucky :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

I've never par boiled them. Just use olive oil and a variety of herbs + pepper/salt. Never fails to impress.

Advertisement