Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN Issue

Options
  • 22-12-2010 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

Not sure i am explaining this correctly but hopefully somone who is smart enough will understand ;)

With everyone going on holidays my friend IT are having problems and he asked me, i'm not really sure myself.

They have a static IP with their ISP but the ISP Gateway address keeps changing and their head of IT support believes this needs to be set static by the ISP as its causing problems. I'm not convinced myself and believe its an issues with their firewall that probably needs to be updated or is not configured correctly.

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

If its defn their isp gate that keeps changing then they need to chat to ISP as that shouldnt be chaging.
    Is the firewall set to receive its Wan IP via dhcp from ISP or is it set to manually to the static Ip? Put it to dhcp from isp.

Advertisement