Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magnet broadband router problems..

• 22-12-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hi guys
    i have had magnet broadband for a while now but ever since i got it the modem is CONSISTENLY resetting itself. And after a few emails to rory (thanks for your help rory btw :cool: ) nothing has really changed. To describe the problem: the modem 'randomly' resets itself completely as in the power light goes too, and then the whole restart process starts. which is most annoying when you want to skype friends/family or game on xbox live. oh i got another of the same model router from magnet and that did the same thing..
    anyone else have these problems?
    looks like the line to me but its strange that the whole router resets itself, if it was the line i would imagine the DSL connection to the local exchange would drop. is there any settings i can change or even upgrade firmware.
    or if it comes to it, can i bridge to router to another to handle the job instead.

any help is appreciated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

johnnyjo wrote: »
    is there any settings i can change or even upgrade firmware.
    or if it comes to it, can i bridge to router to another to handle the job instead
    any help is appreciated :D

Very strange that Router is losing power. If you login into the Router configuration page, you should see and option for updating the firmware remotely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 johnnyjo

hey Vanbis
    yeah i have seen the update feature but Im wary of doing it in case magnet themselves have configured the router in a way which will be destroyed if something happens with an update. And then im stuck with no broadband at all.. haha :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

johnnyjo wrote: »
    hey Vanbis
    yeah i have seen the update feature but Im wary of doing it in case magnet themselves have configured the router in a way which will be destroyed if something happens with an update. And then im stuck with no broadband at all.. haha :rolleyes:

Well its very unlikely they have configured anything other then their generic username/password login details, if anything they should've of checked the Router had the latest firmware before sending you a replacement.

Advertisement