Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 & LG GT540(Optimus) comparison

Options
  • 22-12-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

ok guys, just wondering if anyone could help us with this one...

LG GT540 Swift (Optimus) and Sony Ericsson Xperia X8.

Has anyone used either or both of these and if so, which do they find as better?? in regards camera, internet & touchscreen performance.

1. Do both have sat nav, as i've checked a number of shops and half the eijits working in them are giving me mixed answers, some say the x8 aint got it and when i said it does they say "ahh no, ahh well it might do, ahh im not sure!!" (well ur workin in the shop that sells phones, surely u know what the phone is or is not capable of!)
    2. Are the windows apps, good on the ericsson??
    3. Which one is faster performance in games, applications, in general, in all?
    4. By LG has support for codecs Divx, Xvid. That is, you can run quite good movies. Does the SE movies play as well as divx? Also if you streamed movies online, would you get a decent performance in watching ur streamed movie?
    Tell all pros and cons of both would be nice
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You might get more help in the android forum.

The X8 and LG are close enough to compare. I prefer the size of my LG but then it is larger, I think both screen res is the same.
    As for Codec support, both will work afaik with various media players rock player for instance will play just about anything you throw at it.
    Both phones should have GPS (I know for deffo the LG has) so just pick up a sat nav app or use google maps even.
    I don't think either will stream movies online has they only have android 2.1 which doesn't offer flash support.
    2.2 does but as yet no word when that will be available for either.

Android forum link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

Advertisement