Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gloria coffee cork

Options
  • 22-12-2010 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

so had a medium machiatto in cork earlier and the thing is like an egg cup...

i said is this medium and she gives me the usual bs...?

€3.4, bit excessive... i would have got a cinnamon coffee but couldnt justify the 5euro price tag and it would probably be gone in 2 gulps also...!

are all coffee chains like this? i think i will get that nespress machine in argos...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Am yes thats a machiatto, a espresso with a splash of milk. Size is right, my local pub is 1.80 for single shot espresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

i think i will get that nespress machine in argos...

If you are into your coffee, making your own is the best way to go.

Buy some good beans and a grinder. Make your own espresso and add hot milk.

Works out dirt cheap and will taste better than what the shops make.

These are a little time consuming, but imo the best:

stove-top-expresso-217x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's not really a rip off. All coffee shops in Cork are expensive, and vary with prices on their menus from basic espressos to fancy schmancy stuff up around 6 euro.

I think you knew this yourself when you asked were all coffee shops like this, and while it is expensive, it's what the market current sustains, and isn't really fair to acccuse one shop of being a rip off on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

McDonalds do speciality coffees for e2 if you are willing to drink out of a paper cup. :p

Advertisement