Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi trip costing too much!!!

• 22-12-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

The taxi fair from draaaaaaaawda to dundaaaaaaalk is costing me way too much hey!

I wonder does anyone else experience this bloody carry on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

The taxi fair from draaaaaaaawda to dundaaaaaaalk is costing me way too much hey!

i experience it cause i charge you for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Truff Puff

If you think you are being overcharged. Ask for a receipt and report

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Con1988

Last year was at a house party in shankill, around the same time of year. me and three other friends got a taxi form that we pulled form the street. The journey was simple, frist drop off was ballybrack tesco's, then to Deansgrange beside the grave yard then the final destination was UCD.

I have done this journey many times and it wouldn't cost more than 30 euro at UCD, well I was shocked when I let my last friend off at deansgrange and about to head to my destination. had all the money collected 20 euro in total. when I saw the meter my jaw dropped.... 45 fcuking euro's!! and this was only at deansgrange. I questioned the charge and told him that I wouldn't be pay anything near this. So he in his wisdom decided to bring me to the garda station. wen to the Deansgrange garda station. knowning the usless pricks that they are took the side of the taxi driver.

I insisted that this is the wrong fair and I have taken this journey many times and it is no where near this much!! but yet they put the cuff's on me and gave me a night in the cells. probally my own problem for being so damn stubborn, but a year on and no word of paying him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

you should go to athens in greece in the summer.... from the port to near the acropolois which should cost 15 euro was charged at 38 euro...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Con1988 wrote: »
    Last year was at a house party in shankill, around the same time of year. me and three other friends got a taxi form that we pulled form the street. The journey was simple, frist drop off was ballybrack tesco's, then to Deansgrange beside the grave yard then the final destination was UCD.

I have done this journey many times and it wouldn't cost more than 30 euro at UCD, well I was shocked when I let my last friend off at deansgrange and about to head to my destination. had all the money collected 20 euro in total. when I saw the meter my jaw dropped.... 45 fcuking euro's!! and this was only at deansgrange. I questioned the charge and told him that I wouldn't be pay anything near this. So he in his wisdom decided to bring me to the garda station. wen to the Deansgrange garda station. knowning the usless pricks that they are took the side of the taxi driver.

I insisted that this is the wrong fair and I have taken this journey many times and it is no where near this much!! but yet they put the cuff's on me and gave me a night in the cells. probally my own problem for being so damn stubborn, but a year on and no word of paying him!!

Did the taxi person show the garda the receipt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Con1988 wrote: »

Good man! Keep up the good fight.

It's well worth a night in the cells, presumably searched etc, handcuffs and fingerprinted etc. just to say you are in the right over €25.

I'd do 3 years in the Joy for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Why not go out wherever you live? Spend the money you save on the taxi on extra drinks. You could even buy drinks for other people. You'd be the taaaaalk of the teown,

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Con1988

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Did the taxi person show the garda the receipt?

nope didn't even ask for a repiect, a few weeks later I found out that. if you are questioning a taxi's fare. frist you have to pay them get a recipt and then take it up with the Taxi regulator after the journey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Where was the Taxi driver from, that would be my first question.

We had a non white taxi driver drop us to our destination, twice we had to quiz him about driving off the beaten track to deliberatly clock up the meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Where was the Taxi driver from, that would be my first question.

We had a non white taxi driver drop us to our destination, twice we had to quiz him about driving off the beaten track to deliberatly clock up the meter.

You gotta love the phrase 'non white taxi driver'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

You gotta love the phrase 'non white taxi driver'.
    You gotta love un-needed PC horsesh!te from the Joe Duffy brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Or the casual racism from idiots who, without any reason whatsoever, have decided that a rip off taxi driver must be 'non-white'. Because white Irish taxi drivers are ALWAYS so honest and decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Max Power1 wrote: »
    You gotta love un-needed PC horsesh!te from the Joe Duffy brigade.

??

To say 'non-white taxi driver', is pussy-footing around saying 'black taxi driver' or 'brown taxi driver' or, somewhat less likely 'yellow taxi driver'

If you're afraid any of these phrases make you sound like an ugly racist, you're bang on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

was he tanned or sunburnt? Maybe he was at a party and somebody coloured him in black marker while he was asleep.........................maybe it does not matter that he was non white?

How did he do in your quiz? Did he win a prize?

frAg

Advertisement