Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Customer Care ???

Options
  • 22-12-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Has anyone had the run around from UPC Broadband

Just havin some problems with the internet connection since the end of October and have reached boiling point with excuses.
    Intermittent signal during the month of October and no signal since November. Excuse after excuse, blatant lies and ignorance is all i can say about them. They promise to ring you back within 24hrs but fail everytime.:mad:
    3 months later and i am still without my Broadband that i have paid for, excuses like Noise problems, rats nibbling wires, flooding in the man holes, signal boosting, ground workers on a week off, contractor issues, understaffed, paperwork mislaid or file signed off as fixed, etc etc etc.:confused:
    My shortest wait time for operator was 20mins and my longest 45mins.
    Best Internet service provider 2 years in a row and excellent customer care is the message repeated whilst you wait.:mad:

Any suggestions for a good honest Broadband provider ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

I did have similar problems with them too earlier this year.....though fortunately not as bad as yours sounds!

What you should do is tell them you want to file an official complaint, when I did this I spoke to the complaints dept regularly and my problems with intermittent connections were finally fixed.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ktoom69

thanks for the advice but i already tried that route, i am currently on my 3rd team leader and 2nd complaints rep but its to no avail. my fault was due to be fixed by 23rd of December at the latest but i know now that was just another excuse. i am sure they will call around the end of January.
    a trip to the bank to cancel direct debit is the only way i think.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Have you not been given credit for the time you've been without BB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ktoom69

I suppose they might offer it as a sweetner when they call in January but its gone beyond a joke now, 3 college students in the house doing exam work over the Christmas so i think its time to find a new Internet provider.

thanks for comments :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

ktoom69 wrote: »
    I suppose they might offer it as a sweetner when they call in January but its gone beyond a joke now, 3 college students in the house doing exam work over the Christmas so i think its time to find a new Internet provider.

thanks for comments :cool:
    As they are upping the prices in Jan, you should be able to cancel or downgrade without penalty. Demand credit for the time the service was useless. A firm line with them and they will bend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement