Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REVIEW: Things to do in airports...search-engine

Options
  • 22-12-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I'm stuck in an airport at the moment because of the chaos with the ice and snow and all. My flight's delay is all the more frustrating due to the fact that the only other flight to Dublin tonight, a cheapaschips flight, has already left while my flight is three hours late (it feels like being punished for not wanting to fly cheap).

I ran out of things to do about an hour and a half in. I had a pint, a coffee, a read of my book, a browse of everything that all of my friends (and their friends) are doing on friendface, checked all of my email, read webcomics and browsed some forums. I then did a search for "Things to do in an airport when you're bored.''

I skimmed through a book in a bookshop in the Southern Hemisphere a couple of years ago, called something like ''things to do in an airport''. I found the book funny, but also really useful (though at the time I didn't have the money to buy it). Thinking to find something similar with my search, I typed the words into the search engine and waited, with baited breath, for what was sure to be a swift end to my boredom.

The first and second pages proved to be a disaster, a sad collection of repetetive blogs, all using the same jokes and providing the same ''This Diary Will Change Your Life''-inspired ''fun'' things to do. Like follow security, shoot spitballs on the glass, and read over peoples shoulders. One painfully polite and helpful blog written in Recieved Pronunciation English, detailed such fun (and educational!) activities as observing airplane models, making conversations with strangers and reading a book.

I was driven to such a fury of distraction that I have killed several minutes writing this review. I am disgusted with the quality of 'amusing' blogs and 'learning-is-fun' instructional websites for activities in an airport when bored. PLEASE someone write something that can be read without an instant cringe at the bad, juvanille humor.

End of rant/review. I'm going for another pint. Beginning to hate snow.

Advertisement