Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rialto Cottages Renting??

Options
  • 22-12-2010 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello there,

I was just wondering, does anyone know if the area around Rialto Cottages is a nice place to rent?

Thank you!:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Rialto Street after dark scares me. I have friends living there and I hate walking out of their house at night time.

Note: This is my personal opinion only

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

cosmic wrote: »
    Rialto Street after dark scares me. I have friends living there and I hate walking out of their house at night time.

Walking down any street in Dublin would scare me after dark...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

JosDel wrote: »
    Walking down any street in Dublin would scare me after dark...

Right so.

Anyway, OP, to answer your question, I'd have no problem walking down a lot of Dublin streets after dark, but not Rialto Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I used to work down around there a few years ago when the Fatima Mansions still existed and there was no luas, there was serious drug problems(Mainly heroin) and it was not a place to go wandering around at night time. Nowadays though it looks completely different with the regeneration project and luas. So to answer your question it looks a lot better but it could be a case of new coat of paint over stain? Hopefully someone who lives there might be able to answer your question better?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hopefully someone who lives there might be able to answer your question better?

*Rolls up*

Rialto Cottages is a grand spot, close to town, Luas, plenty of buses on the SCR/Cork St, etc... There is still a good bit of scum lively in the area as with most areas in Dublin but there is a well known garda presence in the area and has been for a while so that tends to keep them quiet.

I wouldn't know about walking around Rialto Cottages as such, but I'd walk around the area as a whole at all times of the day/night and never had any problems tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

i've lived down the road for over a year, it's absolutely fine, you just need to use normal judgement as you would in any part of the city, but it's definitely not notoriously bad, i work irregular hours and so often have to walk home around there late at night in the dark, that might be foolish but only because it would be foolish anywhere else in dublin also, not because of the particular area. you'd need to bring bikes inside rather than locking them to your railings etc etc but i'd expect that anywhere really. as gavin said it's really handy place to live in terms of transport with the luas at rialto and fatima, and all the buses on cork st & scr, also a grand walk into town following the luas tracks to james st and up thomas st, or up cork st, or up SCR. there's spar, centra etc, good butcher & organic veg in rialto, and tesco express at dolphins barn, can walk to the bigger tesco in crumlin, or the superquinn on sundrive. bird flanagans nice for a pint, i won't be wanting to move for a good while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Coco101

Cheers, thanks everyone! :)

Advertisement