Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Sky Installation w/Multiroom-one box not connected to phone

• 22-12-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

I got Sky installed last week, one HD+ box and three multiroom. I am currently short one TV but we moved the portable around as he installed.

In one of the rooms, there isn't a phone connection, but I did see him checking the phone line and cable in the kitchen next door and didn't take much notice, I only noticed when he was gone that the didn't actually leave the cable there, not to mind say run it along the walls.

It would involve running the cable along the walls and drilling through a door to get to a phone socket.
    In my defence the letter from Sky saying what to expect and what should be done didn't arrive till after the technician had left even though the letter was dated the 8th(day I ordered it).

There is a sticker on the box, saying if I have any issues to contact them within 30 days.

Does the sky box need to connected all the time to the phone line? We will be putting a TV in their next week and using the box.

The installer was extremely grumpy with me in the end and moaning and giving out that it was nearly 6 on a Friday evening, due to a disagreement about the wiring as he basically used all our wiring so when we get rid of Sky we wouldn't have any RTE next year. The main TV would have RTE, but the other 3 wouldn't have, so I asked him to at least run the cables to the two rooms that were very close to the LNB, which he did very begrudgingly and throwing the comment at "Was I sure that I didn't want him to bring it to my neighbours?" Charmer!

So anyway, should I contact the installers or Sky?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

All your boxes have to be connected to your phone lineits in the Terms and conditions.
    If you ordered your install from Sky directly over the phone then its them who you ring they will send out a subcontracter from either Sierra or Finlays.
    If you ordered your install from an Agent, sales rep or 1 of the many Sky kiosks popping up around the country then its them who have to sort it out. The installer should have some manners {the way he spoke to you is out of order}. Its not your Fault that this guy is under pressure and underpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thank you, it was directly arranged directly with Sky.

The sticker on the box was from Sierra communications in Cork.

Do you think an email would suffice?
    The thought of phoning them again is putting me off:( (Spent 25mins on the phone Sunday trying to explain that the first month was free after they charged me and they said they had never heard of that deal). Oh Joy:)

Advertisement